You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VPilot stops receiving voice after a while

victor roos 1014774

victor roos 1014774
Posted
Posted

Hello all

I just finished a flight with the pmdg 737, and I noticed, during that flight, I stopped receiving voices from anyone on the channel, and I had to switch, and switch back to be able to receive again.

I'm running it as admin, on w8.1.

This happened for me for the first time today.

Any advice?

Vkr

Victor

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Set up port forwarding (or port triggering) on your router such that UDP port 3290 is forwarded to your computer. Sounds like the cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic UPnP port timeout issue.

victor roos 1014774
Posted
Posted

I actually already did that ( I had it on my last one too.. Indeed a beautiful cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ic )..

That is why I'm here.. Ran out of ideas

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

try debug mode, see if its picked up and post the results

• 3 weeks later...
Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted
... and I noticed, during that flight, I stopped receiving voices from anyone on the channel, and I had to switch, and switch back to be able to receive again.

same thing has happened to me twice. Unfortunately I haven't been able to recreate this problem - it happens randomly.

The first time, in QW B757, I was with Radar controller without any problems and then after hand off I couldn't establish voice contact with Director. My text was working fine on the freq but I couldn't send or receive voice; mic wasn't muted because I was talking to other pilots on TS about the problem. I couldn't figure out how to make it work, neither comm changes nor vPilot restart worked. Interestingly, when I switched to Tower, everything started to work fine.

The second time, LDS B763, it happened when I went from Del to Gnd at a different airport - this time restarting vPilot did the trick, but again no clue on what might be the issue.