You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vATIS update 1.1.40.17807 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.40.17807 of vATIS is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the ATIS client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

- Common aircraft type parsing
- Navaid parsing
- Fix "deicing" pronunciation
- Fix BLSN translation
- Fix issue with RVR parsing

This version of vATIS introduces the ability to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] navaids and common ICAO aircraft types. See the vATIS website for more details on how to utilize these new features.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Using the above version...

• The numbers in the values of the wind, temperature, dewpoint, and altimeter are being pronounced in group form.
  • Percent signs prefixing letters (i.e. to denote taxiways) were appearing in the compiled text window before the ICAO letter pronunciation (e.g. "%T" became "%TANGO").
  • Using "*BTY" in the NOTAMs resulted in a literal "*BTY" appearing in the compiled text window (which was pronounced as "BEE TEE WHY").
  • With the ATIS connected, requesting the controller info in VRC resulted in only the voice URL being sent back.

Did I break something?

EDIT: Justin can't reproduce this, and it does appear to be working just fine for others. So, uh... right. Well, if anyone else encounters weird errors like this, please do reply and describe what you're seeing so that I don't feel alone in this.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

So, I...errr, DK found the culprit. I forgot to include the navaids.xml file with the installer.

The installer has been updated to fix this issue. If you have previously installed this update, please download the installer (found at http://radarcontact.me/) and re-install.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS