You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VA in Nepal?

Glen Brown 1212956

Glen Brown 1212956
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine and I enjoy flying into Lukla VNLK and I was wondering if there are any active VAs that have scheduled flights in and around Nepal?

Cheers,

Glen

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Glen,

I looked at the real world Lukla website and found five air carriers that provide service to Lukla. They are Gorka Air, Royal Nepal Airlines, Simnik Air, Tara Air, and Sita Air. I researched maybe 30 minutes looking for a virtual version of these five and came up empty.

Looks to me like you have discovered an untapped niche within the virtual flight world, a rarity these days. Instead of a sixth or sixteenth "American Virtual American Airlines Virtual" (pick the correct order as you will) you have the golden opportunity to start a previously unrepresented corner of the virtual market...Tara Virtual Air...or any one of the other four.

I myself load up in the evenings from time to time...because Lukla is in the daylight then...and do a flight or two into or out of Lukla in both FSX and FS9, so the interest is there. You never know until you try.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

there is also FSEconomy. its not a VA, but im sure youll find groups there that do operate around Nepal

Brian Sommers
Posted
Posted

http://www.worldwidevirtual.net/

fly there.. you can fly anywhere at anytime in anything.

• Board of Governors
Matthew Cianfarani
Posted
Posted
there is also FSEconomy. its not a VA, but im sure youll find groups there that do operate around Nepal

+1 for FSE, absolutely love it. Some of the best flight's i've done on network have been on challenging FSE [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments!

Matthew Cianfarani
Vice President , Technology 
VATSIM Board of Governors

Glen Brown 1212956
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll check out Worldwide Virtual although I'm already with a VA that allows flight anywhere with anything. I was hoping for more of a Nepal-specific VA with scheduled flights into and out of Lukla.

Randy, I wish I had the time to start my own VA there, but I would only be able to throw together a generic phpvms site or the like and nobody wants that. If I ever get the time to do it properly, I'll let y'all know.

Cheers,

Glen

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Glen,

Maybe someone out there will see this and get the idea to do one. You would be light years ahead of my web skills just by going generic or I would do it as well...

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training