You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot update 1.1.5514.37598 now available.

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.5514.37598 of vPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update facility built into the client.

This version incorporates the ACCONFIG feature from the beta channel and implements a workaround for an issue some users were experiencing when using vPilot behind an HTTP proxy which was preventing vPilot from performing version checks and downloading model matching rule set information.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Stefano Amatore 1281869
Posted
Posted

thanks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

something came to me. does this put us any closer of being able to have towers using light gun signals? with this ability, i figure all you would need to do is find a way for VRC for example to feed position data, where vpilot would pick it up as a tower model. then you can feed it light instructions from VRC.

its an idea, not perfect, but i think we're closer with this ability to control lights across the network.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

I can see it now... vPilot is filled to the brim with SimConnect model errors, meanwhile the pilot's staring in disbelief at a floating white Airbus A321 emanating a steady green light right where the control tower should be.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

not if you make it a default model thats only activated from position data from the ATC side. however way that could be separated

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
something came to me. does this put us any closer of being able to have towers using light gun signals? with this ability, i figure all you would need to do is find a way for VRC for example to feed position data, where vpilot would pick it up as a tower model. then you can feed it light instructions from VRC.

its an idea, not perfect, but i think we're closer with this ability to control lights across the network.

Interesting idea, but I see a lot of issues:

1) VRC would have to connect to the network as both a controller and pilot.

2) VRC's pilot connection would have to be located at the precise location of the control tower, and that location can vary depending on the scenery other pilots are using.

3) The pilot's client would need to have a model installed that would provide the different types of lights (solid or flashing, red or green, alternating, etc.)

4) VRC would need to be able to change the pitch and heading of its pilot connection such that the lights are pointed at the correct pilot.

A lot of work for something that would be used very rarely. I don't see it happening.

Really, there would be MUCH simpler ways of implementing light gun signals than to try and use this new aircraft config feature.

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Ross

Since this new update, I notice the lights on other players aircraft look different, no longer bright red flashing lights. Have you guys changed something with the lights?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Ross

Since this new update, I notice the lights on other players aircraft look different, no longer bright red flashing lights. Have you guys changed something with the lights?

The lights should now accurately reflect which lights the other pilot actually has turned on at the time. See this thread for details on the new functionality:

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=67607

• 2 years later...
Jordan Simms 1380221
Posted
Posted

Vpilot needs A NEW UPDATE!!! this 2.0 is disconnecting me from the server for unknown reasons, making my aircraft basically not controlable!! LOOK INTO THIS!!!!!!!! i was nearly at the end of a 9hour flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Come on... a lot of people uses vPilot without any issues. And the attitude is not helping at all... I have answered you in the other topic..

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted
Vpilot needs A NEW UPDATE!!! this 2.0 is disconnecting me from the server for unknown reasons, making my aircraft basically not controlable!! LOOK INTO THIS!!!!!!!! i was nearly at the end of a 9hour flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. You really need to tone it down. You are essentially the only person having this issue, which is likely on your end. You've dredged up a 3 year old forum thread, and you are essentially yelling uncontrollably about an issue you are having. There are many thousands of pilots using this software on this network every day; don't you think if there were a fatal flaw there would be dozens, hundreds, or thousands of complaints? You are using excellent software developed by a professional software developer who has spent literally thousands of hours developing this and other software for you and everyone else in VATSIM, and he has offered this all to you and others for free. And, becoming disconnected from the network cannot render your aircraft uncontrollable. Have a little respect.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations