You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Multiplayer Aircraft not showing with latest Build

Craig Moulton

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Okay, so I downloaded the latest build of vPilot (it asked when I loaded it on Saturday), and since then I have not been able to see other aircraft. I have done some troubleshooting and have quite a few discoveries to share with you Ross.

Build # 1.1.5514.37598 (from debugging screen)

I run vPilot on a Networked machine using SimConnect as well as TrafficProxy on my FSX Machine. My FS Computer runs Windows 8 (yeah, I know...but didn't when I bought it!).

Since the latest build, though I see the messages, and they are showing in my Debug Screen (Pending=NO), they do NOT show up on my screen. I've set myself on the Cargo Ramp of LAX and sat there for more than an hour now (so I know there is traffic out there!), but I get nothing on my screen.

I then closed the vPilot version on my networked computer (also running Windows 8 btw) and on a hunch opened an older copy of vPilot from my FS computer and instantly all other traffic showed up. I then closed that version of vPilot, and restarted the newest build, again on the networked computer (with TrafficProxy running on the FS Computer), and again could not see that same traffic I just saw a minute ago with vPilot running on the FS computer.

Again, just to see what was going on, I started TrafficPorxy from the networked computer with results I expected...Still no traffic visible. Keep in mind that TrafficProxy is STILL running on my FS Computer. I will also say that when I opened TrafficProxy on my Networked computer all the surrounding traffic showed up in the program box showing "Aircraft Discovered: XXXX(whatever the callsigns were). So at this point I close the TrafficProxy on the networked computer and what do you think happened? All the traffic at LAX suddenly "turned on". It was all visible.

It has now been more than 20 minutes since that little test, and traffic is still showing up as folks log on at LAX.

For further [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance I offer the following; Pulled from vPilot

[16:37:30] Attempting simulator connection...

[16:37:30] vPilot version 1.1.5514.37598

[16:37:30] Network server list downloaded. 12 servers found.

[16:37:30] Connected to simulator.

[16:37:30] Traffic proxy connected.

[16:37:34] Connected to network.

Now from my little experiment: starting, then stopping TrafficProxy on my Networked machine with TrafficProxy still running on my FS machine.

[16:40:07] Traffic proxy connected.

[16:41:02] Traffic proxy disconnected.

And that is when the traffic appeared, and remains. TrafficProxy is STILL running on my FS machine, and I still get the Buzz when I press the PTT key (which is the comma key, so I have heard it quite a bit as I've typed this post, as I'm doing so from my Networked machine with everything still running.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you update vPilot on the FSX machine? TrafficProxy and vPilot must both be running the same version.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

I did not. I will check that out and report back.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Imagine that. It all works as it should with the same version on both machines. Thanks Ross! I would not have thought about that, as I don't use vPilot on my FS machine, and didn't think that that is where Traffic Proxy comes from.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png