You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cannot get Model Matching to work

Dimitris Tsioumanis 122030

Posted
Posted

I have downloaded the IVAO Mtl and on downloaded rule sets I have IVAO. However any time i get into FSX and start a flight on ivao all aircraft are the default a320 model. Anybody know how to fix that? In vpilot i get SimConnect error: Failed to create aircraft.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Did you remember to configure the IVAO MTL in fsx.cfg?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Posted
Posted

How do i do that?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I have downloaded the IVAO Mtl and on downloaded rule sets I have IVAO. However any time i get into FSX and start a flight on ivao all aircraft are the default a320 model. Anybody know how to fix that? In vpilot i get SimConnect error: Failed to create aircraft.

Your post says you "start a flight on ivao" ... just to be clear, vPilot is a pilot client for VATSIM, not IVAO. You can use vPilot with whatever AI aircraft you have installed, including IVAO's MTL model set. (Although as far as I know IVAO prohibits use of their models for purposes other than flying on IVAO.)

If you have downloaded and installed the IVAO pilot client (known as IVAP) then FSX should already be configured to load those models. Did you install IVAP or did you just manually copy the models into your FSX folder? If you manually copied them, follow the instructions that Don linked you to.

Also, please post a sample of the full exact error message you are getting. There are different error messages that mean different things, and you've only posted a partial error message.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Posted
Posted

Yea sorry Ross, I was writing a bit rushed, i saw something that you need to put on the fsx.cfg and tried it, starting a flight and I will edit this post if it fixes it.

Ok fixed thanks

Maurizio Cinti
Posted
Posted

Sorry, but maybe I missed something : this is aVATSIM forum and you ask for solutions flying on IVAO ???

Maurizio

www.sim737ng.it

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

people like to use the IVAO model sets with vpilot.

i personally recommend others instead of the IVAO set but to each their own, just note they do state on their website that its for use on their network only