You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Model Matching, Day vs. Night

Umar Ashraf

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted

For whatever reason since the last update, which I believe added the different lighting effects for other aircraft, which are awesome, I have noticed that during night the models don't show up correctly and just show white for other models, but during the day, perfectly fine. I believe this has something to do with the lighting effects. You can take a look at the pictures below. These were taken within 2 minutes of each other for the exact same aircraft. Thanks in advance!

Day:

Nh3okPl.jpg

Night:

Gbw57og.png

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted

Update: Panning through other aircraft and it looks like it is on and off for some aircraft. AI Model Packages used: IVAO, VMRGenerator, Pilot Center v1.12

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't really see how this could be the result of the ACCONFIG feature added in the latest version. The previous versions all controlled the lights as well, they just used some logic to "guess" at which lights should be on based on speed, altitude, etc. The new version turns the lights on and off based on data coming from the other aircraft.

The one thing that is different regarding lights is that the new version controls the logo lights, which the old versions did not. You could try asking the other pilot to turn his logo lights on/off to see if it fixes/causes the missing texture issue.

Also, you mentioned it only happens for some aircraft ... you could open the debug window (with the .debug command) and click on the aircraft tab and see if the affected aircraft are using vPilot with the ACCONFIG feature. If they are, they will have a "Yes" in the ACC column of the aircraft list.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Also, see if there is a common thread on which AI package is being used for the aircraft in question.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted

Ok I will look into it. Thank you both for your input.

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted

After some digging and tests, I have come to the conclusion that this is caused by DX10. I do have Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer installed and it seems the AI models do not work well with DX10 especially when added layers (such as lighting is added to them). As of now, there is no easy solution to this. So I guess it's DX10 or the models for now.

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Umar, did you change your DX10 setting at the same time you upgraded vPilot to the latest version, leading you to think it was caused by the vPilot update?

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted

I changed to DX10 right before installing the latest update. Is there some setting in the DX10 controller that should be changed?

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure what you mean by "DX10 controller". I don't know of any fix for the issue where some AI aircraft textures are not DX10 compatible.

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted

Haha, found it! If you have Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer, you need to make sure that the slider (image below) in the Legacy tab is all the way over to Aircraft and both V2.0 boxes should be unchecked below the slide, that will solve the problem. Thank again for your help Ross and Don.

MoOmsDq.png

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC