You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Best way to set up model matching for flying in USA

William Ditz

William Ditz
Posted
Posted

What is the best way to set up vpilot model matching if you only fly in the US? What is the best rule set to use. Where do you get it, and the best way to install it so it works properly. I keep getting aircraft not found and that dang beep constantly.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Bill

PS Does it hurt to load the IVAO client installer just to get the MTL downloads, or is there another way?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Bill, you need to set up model matching for the AI aircraft you already have installed on your system. In other words, don't download model matching rules unless you have those AI installed. It's been years since I installed new AI, but personally I had a lot of luck with WOAI. There are also several excellent payware packages out there, but I'm not familiar with those.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

William Ditz
Posted
Posted

Thank you.... I only have FSX AI so made sure that was the only set I have showing in Vpilot and that fixed it...

Dave Catalani
Posted
Posted

PS Does it hurt to load the IVAO client installer just to get the MTL downloads, or is there another way?

No. In fact it will eliminate most if not all matching errors. The number of models is extensive so the file is large. And no, it does not harm your system by installing their pilot client. Like yourself, I was reluctant. I went ahead after reading. Not at all disappointed. In fact, it is a thing a beauty, easily configured in vPilot.

There is no need to spend $50ish for a traffic package.

Dave

William Ditz
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I loaded the IVAO client today setup modeling and it is working great. Only issue I have noticed it takes FSX more time to load. I'm guessing that is because of the large MTL file loading.

Thanks for the replies...

Bill

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

the more addons you stuff into the sim, the longer itll take to boot.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yes, and large model sets are a prime example of that. I used to use MyTrafficX, and it tripled (or worse) my load time, and that's on an SSD.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC