You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Apologies to VATKOR Controllers

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I feel I need to apologize to the controllers of VATKOR. A few nights ago I flew from ZBAA to RKSI with a Delta callsign. Approaching Korean Airspace I was pleased to see Center, Approach, Tower, and Ground all pop on. Center was awesome, but on switching to Approach it took several tries to get FSInn to finally begin "transmitting whenever I used my PTT button. It did finally start working, though. The switch to Tower did the same thing, but I never could get Tower to answer my calls. Looking at VVL while transmitting showed me connected but not transmitting. I switched to ground after landing, but nothing. I couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear me. Text wouldn't work either. I tried restarting FSFDT, but no joy, so my apologies...you were there and my system failed me.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

did that happen during an event? if so, happens if FWINN gets clogged. have to completely shutdown FSINN and FWINN on the taskbar to clear it

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Nope, E, not an event, just those four controllers and me. I shut down FSFDT and FWinn (neglected to mention that above) after I landed and pulled onto the taxiway. Reconnected and tried to call Ground and no joy. I could see one other aircraft on the ground at Incheon (and on FSInn radar) and could look at VATSPY and see me and the other aircraft connected. Controllers showed up in the ATC window of FSInn and pilot showed up in the PLA window also, just no reply from controllers and no indication they heard me (or saw my text).

In the VVL window the far left vertical bar turned purple when I pushed the PTT button, but no orange horizontal bands appeared.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training