You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSinn vs Vpilot

Mohamed Elkady 1294541

Mohamed Elkady 1294541
Posted
Posted

Hi

I use vatsim with Fsinn but the only thing I dont like is that there is no AI model matching. I know there are ways to get AI modeling with FSinn but would Vpilot be easier.

Also would Vpilot have better performence fps than Fsinn.

Thanks in advance.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

there is AI model matching in FSINN. the hard part is getting all the data entered, that takes lots of time and effort. there are tools to help which you can find in the FSINN section, but still takes time and effort on your end to get it to your own level.

vpilot on the other hand provides you with some of the data already made for you. all you need is the models. the download in the vpilot settings only provides you with the data to match the models, it does not provide the actual models themselves, so that part you have to do on your own.

vpilot also is docomeented and all you have to do to setup your own AI model sets is follow the docomeentation, you dont have this advantage with FSINN.

as far as frames, as far as i know vpilot shouldnt touch your frames by itself, it runs outside of the sim, where as FSINN is normally run within the sim and will touch your frames if you have the graphical borders enabled (it can be disabled).

try them both, see which on you like best. dont go by what others like, their tastes may not match yours

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I will preface my remarks by saying that I don't use FSInn, so am just going off of 7+ years of reading.

Both clients have model matching. It just depends on how much time you want to invest in setting it up for the same result -- hours (or at least many minutes) for FSInn vs. just a few minutes for vPilot. I am told that vPilot has less of a fps hit.

Anecdotally, FSInn setup is a lot trickier than vPilot to set up, takes many minutes to hours longer to set up, and really only buys you the ability to do voice unicom, a radar screen and push back feature. FSInn is only community supported, as it was a beta that was never released, and is now developer-abandoned. vPilot was recently released, and is supported by not only the community, but by the developer as well, who continues to make feature improvements.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way -- FSInn is a great piece of software, and for people who have already gotten it set up, it probably makes no sense whatsoever to switch. But if you are a FSX or P3D user and just getting set up for the first time, I personally think that vPilot is the much better choice.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

to add to Dons post, for those that actually like using some of the tools within FSINN (Pushback, radios, time sync, and some of the others), this part is actually a separate module, FSCopilot. FSCopilot can be used on its own without the need to install FSINN and can be used along side vPilot and Squawkbox, or even the next client currently in development. its completely stand alone. so for those that like this feature, you can keep using that part of the program with any of the other clients except the radar feature, that one is tied to FSINN itself

Rodney Aylmore 944715
Posted
Posted

I was a long time squawk box user. Then I switched to fsinn which had more features and with a lot of effort a an effective model matching.

I have recently switched to vpilot. Model matching was a breeze. installation a breeze. Best of all vpilot is constantly being updated. As far as I know the developer behind fsinn discontinued support and updates a long time ago.