You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Region Transfer

Christopher Crawford

Christopher Crawford
Posted
Posted

First of all hello!

I recently applied for a region transfer from VATEUD to VATUSA on 02/21/15 and I am curious if anyone can give me some info in regards to the timeline that it takes to process these transfers.

I can't remember if it was on the transfer screen/form and for the life of me I cant remember where it is now...

Any info is greatly appreciated

Regards

Chris

1218450.png

1218450.png

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

Hey Chris, you'd be best off waiting for a few days, if you don't hear anything, then email VATUSA1 or VATUSA2 found on the staff page. I believe the process needs to go through both VATEUD approving the transfer before VATUSA can accept it, but DO NOT quote me on that.

Christopher Crawford
Posted
Posted

Ah ok no worries, I spoke to USA1 briefly about it I was just looking for a rough estimate.

Appreciate the reply though, cheers

1218450.png

1218450.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, Chris and I spoke the other day. I did tell him the Region change adjudication process does typically take a few days, and then [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment to the Division is very quick (online form with immediate result).

From https://cert.vatsim.net/vatsimnet/regch.php (emphasis added is mine):

Region Change

You may request a change of your home region from this page. This change will not be immediate unless you are rated as Pilot/Observer. Members with a controller rating will require the approval of the region you wish to transfer to. This process WILL take 4-7 days.

Before submitting this form, you should review the VATSIM Transfer and Visiting Controller Policy.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Chris,

Sounds like you're stuck playing the waiting game for another couple of days. In the meantime... have you already made the decision of which ARTCC you'll be joining, or is there still a chance for ARTCC members to vie for your interest?

Christopher Crawford
Posted
Posted

Don thanks for posting the info, funny how i cant find the link yet I used it only a few days ago... I have no problems waiting it out

Bradley I already have hopes of joining ZNY sorry

1218450.png

1218450.png

• Board of Governors
Nicola Felini
Posted
Posted

Transfer was processed.

Nicola Felini

Vice President | Conflict Resolution

7JRF7kO.png.c96d82051e6821a105716826766c7bd0.png