You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

OTHH Hamad International Charts

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Hello Friends,

One of the VAs I fly with has finally gotten around to adding OTHH as one of the fields we can fly in to and out of. A quick check of AVSIM found the airport for both FS9 and FSX (although the FSX one removes the old Doha International in placing Hamad International in place...don't understand why).

I looked at the VATME website and found charts for the older Doha Int'l but not Hamad. Looked on AirCharts and they list OTHH, but the links to the charts in the folder are apparently broken. I get "Unable to Display this Page" when I click on the chart files.

Any ideas for a freeware source for the charts? I checked the QATAR CAA site and there's a vast amount of links, but none that point namewise to the charts. About an hour and a half of reviewing each pdf file in order I got tired and gave up (they're probably in the very next one knowing my luck).

Thanks

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Aleksi Laine
Posted
Posted

Here you go: https://www.aim.gov.qa/eaip.html

For valid charts, click the AIRAC AMDT 01/15 -link.

There you will find the eAIP for Qatar and from AD2 you can find charts related to all aerodromes. Just choose OTHH and open the charts you need

Aleksi Laine

Vatsim-Scandinavia S3 Controller

1238102.png1238102.png

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Thank you so much Aleksi, that is exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't even in the correct CCA docomeent...

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

• 2 weeks later...
Bahaeddine El-Zarif
Posted
Posted

Randy,

The reason why the freeware of OTHH removes old airport is because they have moved everything to the new one. So OTBD is pretty much closed for civilian airlines or flights of that sort.

Bahaeddine

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Understood, but is the airport closed to all air traffic or just commercial...or most commercial...or what?

What was kinda upsetting about the freeware OTHH scenery I found was actually twofold. First, as I mentioned, it "removed" the old Doha International, but kept OTDB as the ICAO for the new OTHH so in FSX I cannot fly to "OTHH". I have to choose OTDB, which will take me to the physical location of OTHH.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

Bahaeddine El-Zarif
Posted
Posted
Understood, but is the airport closed to all air traffic or just commercial...or most commercial...or what?

What was kinda upsetting about the freeware OTHH scenery I found was actually twofold. First, as I mentioned, it "removed" the old Doha International, but kept OTDB as the ICAO for the new OTHH so in FSX I cannot fly to "OTHH". I have to choose OTDB, which will take me to the physical location of OTHH.

Randy

Randy,

Please take a look at this. http://www.christophebouville.com/?page_id=1151 (there is the scenery + altitude fix + icao fix)

I also recommend getting the Taxi2gate OTHH from http://secure.simmarket.com/taxi2gate.mhtml

Hopefully this helps you,

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Thank you Bahaeddine,

Just what I was looking for. Payware will have to wait a couple of paydays, but I will definitely check out the the one at SimMarket.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI