You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot and IVAO Ai aircraft

James Pigram 1104946

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

I am having a bit a problem getting IVAO Ai aircraft working on my FSX. All I'm getting for every single aircraft is the default A321 which is rather annoying particularly being a helicopter.

I have done the module matching in the settings in vPilot and moved IVAO to the Rule set on the left.

The IVAO_MTL folder is in my SimObjects folder.

I have also checked in %appdata% fsx config and that seems fine.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong with this?

Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted

Make sure its the first (above default fsx and any other that you might be using) in that list on the left.

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

Yep it is still not working

Divya Patel 1166375
Posted
Posted

hmm interesting.

It should work as long as you have CFG file calling out the AI folder's (from sim objects) name correctly and have matching set properly in vPilot settings - may be someone else can shed light on this.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Are you getting any errors? If so, what do they say?

Please paste the SimObjectPaths lines from your fsx.cfg file.

Without starting vPilot, go to a busy airport (e.g. KATL, KJFK, KLAX, EGLL, RJAA, etc.) and set your FSX AI to 100%. Do you see AI in the correct livery?

Have you run the model matching rule test? If so, what was the result?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

I get errors like this below on my vPilot client

SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft SUR6183 using model "B738BOE". This usually means that the model is not actually installed in your simulator. The aircraft will be created with a different model.

And this one pops up every now and then

http://imgur.com/MqJzPZg

Haven't seen any other.

Here is the line which automatically appeared.

• [Main]
    HideMenuFullscreen=1
    HideMenuNormal=0
    Location=440,129,1480,908,\\.\DISPLAY1
    Maximized=2
    PerfBucket=7
    ProcSpeed=14317
    SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
    SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
    SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
    SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
    SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
    SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
    SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL
    User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

I start a busy airports too and still have no luck, and for my FSX AI I do see them fine.

How do you mean model matching test?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

OK, the Failed to create aircraft error usually points to AI that's not really installed. In your case, it look like it is. Just to confirm, your IVAO_MTL aircraft are loaded in your x:\FSX directory\Simobjects\IVAO_MTL (where x is your drive letter and FSX directory is the directory where your FSX installation is), correct? And when you check the folder properties, there are something like 40,000 files in 7,000 folders, and it's about 6GB. Does that sound about right?

The 0xC000014B is a .NET error. Most common causes that I've seen for that is a bad terrain file, a corrupt AI file, and occasionally someone who's not using .NET v3.5 (system requirement). I'd have to see the faulting module name from the Event Viewer entry for that error.

Your fsx.cfg entry looks good.

Disregard the model matching test; the error message about missing aircraft told me what I needed to know.

Question: Where is your FSX directory located? Is it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ ? (Hopefully not)

If the answer to the above is Yes, do you use UAC?

Don Desfosse

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

Yes the IVAO_MTL folder is in the \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL directory. There are loads of files/folders in there.

Okay, the 0xC000014B error doesn't appear often, but i can look into it.

My FSX was placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X... where should it go?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Placing FSX there (which is the default, and unless you read a lot of forums, you'd never know not to put it there out of the "box", so you did nothing wrong!) subjects it and various addons to Windows' security can prevent files from being installed and/or accessed there if you use UAC. I don't use UAC and someone gave me the tip not to install there, so I've never had an issue. But these forums have several instances where that caused issues. I'm not entirely sure that would/should give you a headache with AI, but you've "p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed" all the troubleshooting steps I can think of that would normally cause your AI issue. You can change the location if you uninstall FSX and reinstall it, selecting a non-default location (e.g., d:\FSX\ , c:\FSX\ , etc.), but I wouldn't do that until you find yourself in a situation that requires (or you believe) you need to reinstall FSX.

When you said you see FSX AI just fine (when at a busy airport without vPilot running), did you see them in AI liveries (e.g., AAL, DAL, SWA, TOM, QFA, etc.) or FSX default airlines (e.g. World Travel, Soar, etc.)?

Confirm your IVAO model matching rule set is at the TOP of the list of model matching rule sets.

Do you use UAC? Have you been running both FSX and vPilot as an Administrator?

If you DON't see correct livery AI offline with vPilot not running, or your IVAO model matching rule set was NOT at the top, or you DON'T run FSX and vPilot both as an Administrator, STOP here.

If the answer to your UAC question is no, and the answer to the Administrator question is yes and yes, then...

I've never heard of vPilot not playing well with installed AI if vPilot is configured correctly, but you could try a vPilot reinstall. It's the least invasive attempt of the remainder of this post. If that doesn't help....

I'm grasping at straws, but you *may* have a corrupt registry. You could run one of the many Registry Repair tools out there and see if that solved your issue. I tend to doubt it, but like I say, I'm grasping at straws, and I don't see anyone else jumping in.... You could Google FSX registry repair tool and I'm sure you'll find several. Lots of people try:

Flight1 (http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe)

TweakFS (http://tweakfs.com/download/sim_switch.zip)

A couple of notes:

1. ALWAYS back up your registry before attempting registry fixes/modifications.... Just in case....

2. I've never used either, these are just the ones I see used most often. Your mileage may vary, don't blame me if they don't work, and yes, my advice comes with a money back guarantee

Before you do that, though, I'm hoping one of the earlier thoughts in this post resolves the issue.

Don Desfosse

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

If I put my FSX default AI aircraft to 100%, I can see the Word Travel, Soar, etc airlines. But when I see other people flying I only see the white looking A321.

My IVAO model is at the top of the Model Matching Rule set.

Not entirely sure what UAC is, so I will say no I dont use it.

I have tried running both as administrator and still no luck.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

OK, since you reported that you have configured the model matching rule set configuration properly, and you don't even see the IVAO AI without vPilot) that tells me that FSX doesn't even see the AI you installed, and confirms my theory that your issue has absolutely nothing to do with vPilot (taking you at your word ) But, since the engineer and Six Sigma Black Belt in me always screams "trust but verify", just for kicks, please post a screen shot of your model matching rule set configuration.

Suggest rerunning the IVAO MTL installer.

Please confirm that this is the exact path and syntax where your MTL AI are located:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

UAC is Windows User Account Control. It's one of Microsoft's layers of security to prevent your super-secrets on your PC from being viewed by your family, friends, or anyone else that has physical access to your PC. It's that (really annoying) thing that makes you log into your account on your own machine, and enter in an administrator p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word any time you want to make a change to your PC. Here's a Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control Gazillions of people are very happy with their choice not to use it....

Don Desfosse

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

If you don't know what UAC is, it is actually most likely ON. I would suggest turning it off in your windows control panel. It's found under User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control settings.

That's on a Win 7 machine anyway.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

Oh yes UAC is defiantly off.

Here is a screen shot of my model matching rule in configuration.http://imgur.com/6fEVM9V

This is the root path to IVAO_MTL C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm about out of ideas. I've never seen something that looks configured correctly like this, not work. Here's what I suggest, attempting to see aircraft after each one (and obviously stopping once it's fixed ):

1. Reinstall vPilot

2. Reinstall the MTL (did you use the installer last time, or do it by hand? I suggest using the installer)

3. Try an FSX registry fix

Don Desfosse

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

I have reinstalled vPilot.

Could you forward me the IVAO Ai aircraft link please? Maybe I am getting it from the wrong place

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Could you forward me the IVAO Ai aircraft link please? Maybe I am getting it from the wrong place

https://ivao.aero/softdev/

Don't forget to read the red text at the top.

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

Thats the link where I got it from... This is soo frustrating how it doesn't work for me .

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

Anyone else have any other suggestions why this doesn't work?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Did you try these yet?

2. Reinstall the MTL (did you use the installer last time, or do it by hand? I suggest using the installer)

3. Try an FSX registry fix

Don Desfosse

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

Yep did that once then tried it a second time instead. and it Worked .... But now you cant see the texture on a few aircraft.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Most folks with texture issues find that if they turn off DX10 mode, the textures all appear.

Don Desfosse

James Pigram 1104946
Posted
Posted

how do you mean?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Many AI are not compatible with DX10 preview mode.

Don Desfosse

Lavigne Michel 811876
Posted
Posted

Could you confirm that in the downloaded Rule Sets, you have IVAO rule set on top of the list, then you have check IVAO rule sets, clicked Update checked and finally clicked the apply button.