You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Crash - Error related to SimConnect?

Josh Glottmann

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

I recently partitioned my Mac in an attempt to be able to use FSX again rather than X-Plane.

I installed FSX, SimConnect (I think), vPilot, the IVAO MTL, SP1, and SP2.

Everything seems to be running fine aside from the fact that FSX crashes within the first 30 minutes of it being opened.

I'm running both FSX and vPilot as an administrator (right clicking).

The crash also seems to be occurring when I'm "interacting" with FSX. (Changing views, changing where the camera is pointing, etc.)

Crash Report

Hopefully I can get FSX running!

Thanks,

Josh

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

The crash report from vPilot is essentially useless - it's basically just confirming that yes, FSX did indeed crash for some reason. The FSX crash report would be much more relevant.

Have you applied the UIAutomationCore.dll fix?

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

That shows how long it's been since I've used FSX...

I thought that it was FSX's crash report, sorry.

Let me try doing that.

Thanks

EDIT: Out of curiosity, where are FSX Crash reports located?

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Just installed the .dll.

Worked fine for a few minutes, then decided to go ahead on crash when trying to choose another view

Found the log (I think).

Here is all the information I got.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

error code shows a memory access violation.

one clue would be you installed the sim in the default location, definitely not recommended. Windows protects that X86 folder which is usually the cause of a lot of errors with some of these.

my recommendation would be uninstall and reinstall outside that folder, IE C:\FSX itll help get around a lot of these.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

You don't know hard it was to install FSX without an optical disk drive :roll:

Looks like I put the dll in the wrong folder, trying again.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I haven't used a Mac since 1991, so forgive me if my next question is dumb.... When running on a Mac, are you also running Windows of some sort? If so, which version? If Windows 8, DO NOT use the UIAutomationCore.dll fix.

I can see your installation is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

That is not recommended due to Microsoft Security/Access issues. Your best bet, since it's a fresh install, is to uninstall and reinstall in a new directory you create just for this purpose (e.g., d:\FSX\)

If you're not wild about that idea, one thing you could try is uninstalling and reinstalling just SP2, and THEN adding in the UIAutomationCore.dll fix.

EDIT: Wow, you guys type faster than I do

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Running Windows 7

Is there any way to simply "move" FSX?

My install involved copying the FSX disks to external drives which I had to name "FSX Disk 1/2" and merging Disk 2 with Disk 1's drive... Let's just say it wasn't fun

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Not that I know of, sorry. Not sure that is the problem here. Least intrusive suggestion: Try uninstalling and reinstalling just SP2, and THEN adding in the UIAutomationCore.dll fix.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Seems to be working now...

Thanks everyone!