You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot in a network

Hermann Hauer 1212361

Hermann Hauer 1212361
Posted
Posted

Hallo!

First of all, it´s my first post and my english is not perfect I read the FAQ for vPilot, but there is not the answer or i havent found.

I have running on my PC the FSX and on my Notebook is running FS-Commander and vPilot (before it was FSinn). I have installed and adaptet.

I use a Saitek yoke and some other tools from saitek. They are configured with fsuipc and spad. Vpilot is running very well. I can connect to vatsim the transponder is submitted, but i can´t configure the the Voice push button for COM1. I press in vPilot --> Audio --> the button "Set new PTT Key or Button" but there is no reaction. What is wrong?

Thanks for your answers.

With kind regards,

Hermann

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If the yoke is plugged into the FSX PC, you need to install vPilot on the FSX PC also, and run TrafficProxy on the FSX PC, and configure your PTT there.

In other words, you will install vPilot on BOTH PCs, and run vPilot on the laptop, and run TrafficProxy on the FSX PC.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Hermann Hauer 1212361
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross!

I have all done what you wrote. I have installed the vPilot on the PC and configered. Then I have start the TrafficProxy.exe with a link from the notebook on the PC. Start the Vpilot an Notebook and i have tried to allocate the Button from the saitek yoke. But i doesent works

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Hello Ross!

I have all done what you wrote. I have installed the vPilot on the PC and configered. Then I have start the TrafficProxy.exe with a link from the notebook on the PC. Start the Vpilot an Notebook and i have tried to allocate the Button from the saitek yoke. But i doesent works

I'm confused ... what do you mean when you say you started TrafficProxy with a link from the notebook?

And which program are you using to allocate the PTT? vPilot or TrafficProxy?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC