You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Converting of coordinates

Aric Taylor

Aric Taylor
Posted
Posted

Hey there,

I have been using sectedit to modify some sector files for euroscope, however I have noticed it does weird thing with the actual code resulting in bad information. So I am reverting to doing all mods through coding.

So in sectedit, I would just enter the decimal Lat/Long, ie. 98.0000000, -110.000000 and sect edit would auto format.

Question being... What do you sector file masters out there to convert files to the appropriate euroscope format? I have googled but havent found a website that puts it into the right format.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Format "98.0000000, -110.000000" is good for ES in every place.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Aric Taylor
Posted
Posted

Ok good to know thanks. All the ESE files I have seen/working with were in different formats. I will work with that format.

Merik Nanish 1184142
Posted
Posted

Aric,

As New York ARTCC facility engineer, I am responsible for maintaining our sector files; it makes no sense for me to create them with different formats. Because all of the software that I deal with (ES, VRC, SectEd, etc) support the DMS format (e.g. N040.12.45.923 ...) I always use that format. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume many other people also use that format because of its universal acceptance by all VATSIM-related software.

I thought I should share this with you.

NYARTCC Facility Engineer and Instructor

255qao8.png