You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Anyone available for site visit to my sim in SF Bay Area?

Mike McDonnell 1318096

Mike McDonnell 1318096
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm new to Vatsim and would like to find someone to help me setup my sim and train me

on flying in the Vatsim environment. I am located in Santa Rosa.

Thanks, MIke

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
Donald Tonks
Posted
Posted

Any help yet?

Don't live close just curious?

What type sim did you get?

Donald

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I would always be open to visiting on-site to help a fellow simmer. Anything to the betterment and enjoyment of this fantastic hobby. Unfortunately, the airfare and lodging involved from Boise to Santa Rosa would be cost prohibitive for you Donald.

I have both FS2004 (FS9) and FSX:MS (not Steam) set up on my system and use them both, mostly FS9.

Sadly, no one in the Boise area has ever asked someone to come help.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You know I love you Randy, I really do, so I write this with tongue firmly implanted in cheek, but I'm curious how you know that Donald isn't a millionaire and can't afford the $344.20 airfare from BOI to OAK (or $329.30 from BOI to SMF, but that incurs an additional 30 min car ride each way), plus $80/night hotel, or that Mike wouldn't fund at least part of the trip....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted
can't afford the $344.20 airfare

Really? I was under the impression a chartered Cessna Citation would be way more than that!

Seriously, though, I don't know that, so I did misspeak...er, I mispoked...ummm, whatever, you know what I mean.

Seriously for real this time. Mike, I hope you find someone to help you through the initial throes of VATSIM, but even if you don't, there are plenty of people here more than willing to help. Not quite as good as "hands-on over-the-shoulder", but dang near it.

Randy

Edit: Even more embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing I just realized the OP's name is Mike, not Donald. Donald and Don were merely replying to Mike's post.

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training