You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

P3D v2.5 and vPilot

Umar Ashraf

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted

After a few hours of trying to figure this out, I still cannot find a solution to this problem.

So I have IVAO AI Traffic installed, I have triple checked the config file(SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL), made sure the right model package is installed on vPilot, but when I spawn up on Vatsim at an airport, nothing but Simconnect errors.

Looking in my Uninstall Programs page, I have currently installed;

-Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client v1.0.20.0

-Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61242.0

-Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0

I reread the installation instructions for using vPilot with P3D. I ran the SimConnect.msi and it closed after loading, I'm guessing because I already have it installed.

What have I overlooked? Thanks in advance.

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
when I spawn up on Vatsim at an airport, nothing but Simconnect errors.

Just to confirm... the errors are in the format of: "SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft (callsign) using model "(model)"... ?

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted
when I spawn up on Vatsim at an airport, nothing but Simconnect errors.

Just to confirm... the errors are in the format of: "SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft (callsign) using model "(model)"... ?

Yes, that is correct.

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

I don't have P3D, so I'm not of any help, but just to get the ball rolling in the right direction... can you confirm the location (and filename) of the config file you mentioned above? I also [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you verified that the IVAO models are indeed located in "\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL\" ?

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted
I don't have P3D, so I'm not of any help, but just to get the ball rolling in the right direction... can you confirm the location (and filename) of the config file you mentioned above? I also [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you verified that the IVAO models are indeed located in "\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL\" ?

Indeed they are located here: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

Config file: SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

Update: Just attempted a model matching test through vPilot and could not load any aircraft which continues to make me wonder where the link is missing between vPilot and P3D. Now I am curious, the vPilot page says P3D v2.1, is v2.5 compatible? (I am hoping Ross will respond to this)

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I personally haven't tried it with P3D 2.5, but I believe I've seen mention of other people using vPilot with 2.5.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Richard Walsh
Posted
Posted

Use it with 2.5 with no problems. You should be accessing your simobjects Cfg in C\programdata\lockheedMartin\Prepar3Dv2 Folder Not in your P3D folder.

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted
Use it with 2.5 with no problems. You should be accessing your simobjects Cfg in C\programdata\lockheedMartin\Prepar3Dv2 Folder Not in your P3D folder.

Wow. So easy, but I did not know that. Being an FSX guy for the past 2 years, I only thought that the Prepar3D config file was the only thing that mattered for the pointing to IVAO folder. Working to perfection. Thank you so much Richard.

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

• 2 weeks later...
Chuck Angle 911544
Posted
Posted

Thanks to everyone who posted here. I had the exact same issue, updated from 2.4 to 2.5 and continuous simconnect errors. I checked the path in the application/ roaming. I hate to admit it as I have been a FS and P3D user forever and I did not know that file was there. Thanks again.

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted
Thanks to everyone who posted here. I had the exact same issue, updated from 2.4 to 2.5 and continuous simconnect errors. I checked the path in the application/ roaming. I hate to admit it as I have been a FS and P3D user forever and I did not know that file was there. Thanks again.

Chuck, you and me both.

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Uehm Goldfield 1310187
Posted
Posted

I am having this issue as well. I have the entry in my simobjects.cfg as well, still not working.

Fully uninstalled MTL as well as Vpilot multiple times, still not working.

Have the IVAO - P3D set to the top, re-downloaded the .vmr file for it multiple times, still not working.

Could anyone possibly help me? I'm getting very frustrated even though I shouldn't because it's just a bunch of pixels on a screen.

Thanks.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Please post the exact path of your simobjects.cfg file, and post an example or 2 or 3 of the errors you are getting.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Uehm Goldfield 1310187
Posted
Posted
Please post the exact path of your simobjects.cfg file, and post an example or 2 or 3 of the errors you are getting.

Simobjects.cfg: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Getting something like this: "[05:38:01] SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft PP-ABI using default model "Airbus A321". Please set a valid default model."

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Ah, that explains it. You have said you are using P3D, yet you have selected the default display model to be an FSX aircraft (which, since you don't have FSX, you don't have!). In the Settings > Model Matching tab, Change your Default Model to the P3D Default CRJ by clicking the button in the bottom right (or you can select a different P3D aircraft if you wish, but will need to type it's exact name into the Title window). See this relevant section from the Docomeentation here: http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx#configuration for more information (scroll down until you get to the Model Matching section).

Don Desfosse

Uehm Goldfield 1310187
Posted
Posted
Ah, that explains it. You have said you are using P3D, yet you have selected the default display model to be an FSX aircraft (which, since you don't have FSX, you don't have!). In the Settings > Model Matching tab, Change your Default Model to the P3D Default CRJ by clicking the button in the bottom right (or you can select a different P3D aircraft if you wish, but will need to type it's exact name into the Title window). See this relevant section from the Docomeentation here: http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx#configuration for more information (scroll down until you get to the Model Matching section).

That seems to actually create the models, but they still aren't being shown with the IVAO_MTL ones.

Getting this type of error now: "[15:57:16] SimConnect Error: Failed to create aircraft N468C using model "GLF4ZZZ2". This usually means that the model is not actually installed in your simulator. The aircraft will be created with a different model."

And yes, all models are installed correctly. Priority is given: http://i.imgur.com/bbTxM4X.png

As well as the IVAO_MTL actually being in that folder: http://i.imgur.com/YOQxIfQ.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

OK. I don't use P3D so am shooting a little in the dark. Can you post the SimObjectPaths section from your config file?

Also, are you seeing any aircraft that are matching the MTL library? (Use debug mode or check your logs to see)

Don Desfosse

Uehm Goldfield 1310187
Posted
Posted
OK. I don't use P3D so am shooting a little in the dark. Can you post the SimObjectPaths section from your config file?

Also, are you seeing any aircraft that are matching the MTL library? (Use debug mode or check your logs to see)

I was told you have to update in the Program Data section, not the cfg. But here's the config either way: http://i.imgur.com/iu5o9qp.png

Here is the Simobjects.cfg file: http://i.imgur.com/MOTb1lH.png

And no, don't see any aircraft from the MTL library.

Uehm Goldfield 1310187
Posted
Posted

Here's the log file from just connecting, also: http://pastebin.com/T2bsrf9p

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Just about got me stumped. Are you running single computer or networked?

Don Desfosse

Uehm Goldfield 1310187
Posted
Posted
Just about got me stumped. Are you running single computer or networked?

Single. No idea how to do network lol.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Pretty much stumped. Hopefully someone else can help. I know this is a real shot in the dark, but you're running P3D as an administrator, right? Also, have you rebooted your computer lately (e.g. since the last time you installed vPilot and the MTL)?

Don Desfosse

Uehm Goldfield 1310187
Posted
Posted
Pretty much stumped. Hopefully someone else can help. I know this is a real shot in the dark, but you're running P3D as an administrator, right? Also, have you rebooted your computer lately (e.g. since the last time you installed vPilot and the MTL)?

Yes to both - even tried running vPilot as an administrator as well.

Uehm Goldfield 1310187
Posted
Posted

I fixed it!

Since I already had IVAO installed in FSX all I had to do was route my simobjects.cfg path to the FSX IVAO.

http://i.imgur.com/qRUtjAy.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

That's interesting, because I thought you had already indicated (http://i.imgur.com/YOQxIfQ.png) that the MTL was in your P3D Simobjects folder. But, as long as it's working, that's great!

Don Desfosse

Uehm Goldfield 1310187
Posted
Posted
That's interesting, because I thought you had already indicated (http://i.imgur.com/YOQxIfQ.png) that the MTL was in your P3D Simobjects folder. But, as long as it's working, that's great!

Yeah honestly I have no idea why that worked. Maybe P3D just hates me. :p