You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AIVLASOFT EFB and VATSIM.

Rolando George Balzaretti

Posted
Posted

I have currently installed a demo of Aivlasoft EFB into my computer and it is linked to VATSIM. My question is, do I also need to install a Pilot's Client software as well or only EFB would do fine?

Thanks

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

That depends on what you're trying to do. If you want to fly on the VATSIM network, yes, you need a pilot client to do that.

Umar Ashraf
Posted
Posted
I have currently installed a demo of Aivlasoft EFB into my computer and it is linked to VATSIM. My question is, do I also need to install a Pilot's Client software as well or only EFB would do fine?

Thanks

I also have Aivlasoft EFB I believe you are trying to ask how to setup the EFB to connect with Vatsim itself, not just connecting to Vatsim through a client.

Go to this link, http://aivlasoft.com/download/misc.html, and download the Vatsim Data files. Then extract those files to C:\Users\[Name]\Docomeents\Aivlasoft\EFB\UserData\Online\Vatsim. Now load up your DisplayUnit and in Settings under the Online tab, point the "Vatsim boundries file" to the fir.dat file and the "VATSIM definitions file" to the servinfo.dat

Now, when you setup a flight in Aivlasoft, under the Aircraft you select there will be an "Vatsim Online" thing or something like that, click on the "Check" button and click start, it will load up the Vatsim controllers and whatnot. Then when you are flying it will automatically update and may advise you to switch frequencies or on the map, you can view the other traffic by clicking on the "TFC" button on the Menu when you are in the Progress page.

Hope this is what you meant.

Umar Ashraf (UA)

Vatsim C1

New York ARTCC

Posted
Posted

Yes, Yes, Yes! This is exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks a million buddy!

• 2 years later...
Daniel Chihane 1380435
Posted
Posted

Thanks

I also have Aivlasoft EFB I believe you are trying to ask how to setup the EFB to connect with Vatsim itself, not just connecting to Vatsim through a client.

Go to this link, http://aivlasoft.com/download/misc.html, and download the Vatsim Data files. Then extract those files to C:\Users\[Name]\Docomeents\Aivlasoft\EFB\UserData\Online\Vatsim. Now load up your DisplayUnit and in Settings under the Online tab, point the "Vatsim boundries file" to the fir.dat file and the "VATSIM definitions file" to the servinfo.dat

Now, when you setup a flight in Aivlasoft, under the Aircraft you select there will be an "Vatsim Online" thing or something like that, click on the "Check" button and click start, it will load up the Vatsim controllers and whatnot. Then when you are flying it will automatically update and may advise you to switch frequencies or on the map, you can view the other traffic by clicking on the "TFC" button on the Menu when you are in the Progress page.

Hope this is what you meant.

Hi there, thanks for the info. I actually followed all of the steps you mentioned above, and got the ATC stations showing in the EFB. However, the TRFC display button is still unattainable (cannot see VATSIM traffic, in the EFB). Do you have any idea why ?

Much appreciated,

Daniel Chihane

[email protected]

VID: 1380435