You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Version 1.1.5556.33545 Now Available

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This version adds the ability to change the size of the font used for text messages. (This same functionality was already available in the Beta channel ... this version makes it available in the Stable channel.)

You can get the new version through the auto-update facility built into the client, or on the downloads page:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Download.aspx

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross! Thanks for all you're doing for us with this client. I updated to this version, but I can't move vPilot on my desktop. In other words when I left click the cursor and try to move vPilot to a corner it won't move. I have "keep window visible" in the settings.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Hi Ross! Thanks for all you're doing for us with this client. I updated to this version, but I can't move vPilot on my desktop. In other words when I left click the cursor and try to move vPilot to a corner it won't move. I have "keep window visible" in the settings.

As a result of the font size changes, and the ability to resize the controller list horizontally, some parts of the interface can no longer be clicked on to move the window. Clicking on the callsign, or any area between the red X button and the COM1 TX/RX lights should still allow you to move the window.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Not doubting you have an issue, I'm just adding a data point. I have no issues with my moving and/or resizing.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

That did it! Thanks.

Stefano Amatore 1281869
Posted
Posted

thanks!

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Just a thought! Before this update I used to move the client to the right with just enough of the client visible to see whether it was connected or not. About a quarter inch of the client was visible. Now, since the area to place your cursor to move the client is limited, the farthest I can move the client when in "keep window visible" mode leaves the client covering a large part of the screen.

Is there any way I can go back to the prior version without losing my setting?

Robert Bressert
Posted
Posted

Well, I've played with it a little bit and see I can move it to the bottom and it is pretty well hidden. I'll try that for a flight and see how that works out!

BTW, Ross, I just want to say thanks a ton for this client. It's been great! So much better than what we had. I really appreciate all your hard work on behalf of the Vatsim community.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'll see about making it movable anywhere on the window like it was before, while still retaining the new resizing functionality.

Thanks for the kind words.

Donald Tonks
Posted
Posted
Well, I've played with it a little bit and see I can move it to the bottom and it is pretty well hidden. I'll try that for a flight and see how that works out!

BTW, Ross, I just want to say thanks a ton for this client. It's been great! So much better than what we had. I really appreciate all your hard work on behalf of the Vatsim community.

I find the lower right of my monitor to be best to "reduce" the window on screens interference and allows me enough room to see the active controller list.

Donald