You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Best Traffic Radar

Diego Vasquez

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted

I am an user coming back from a long vatsim/fsx pause, and right now I am restarting from scratch with regards to software.

RIght now I am using P3D 2.5 with vPilot, but I am missing one big feature from FSInn and it is the traffic radar.

Is there an addon that can be installed within P3D to show nearby traffic in a way similar to what FSInn did?

• 5 months later...
mike stryczek 916469
Posted
Posted

I really enjoy simplicity of the Vpilot, it works very well but I'm really missing the radar , like in Fsinn.

mike

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

there are addon tcas gauges, similar to FSINN's. not sure if they are compatible with P3D though. if they work in FSX, i would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume theyd work. can find them at simviation.com and flightsim.com

mike stryczek 916469
Posted
Posted
there are addon tcas gauges, similar to FSINN's. not sure if they are compatible with P3D though. if they work in FSX, i would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume theyd work. can find them at simviation.com and flightsim.com

has anybody found any of the gauges that work on the vatsim?

I only found stuff that works for AI aircraft but not vatsim traffic.

if there is anything that works please point me to a specific one.(FSX)

TH

mike

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if they work for AI traffic, theyll work for online traffic as well

mike stryczek 916469
Posted
Posted
if they work for AI traffic, theyll work for online traffic as well

Ernesto

Please tell me which one does that. the ones I tried show AI but did not show VATSIM traffic.

Are you answering theoretically, or you actually have tried one that works,and if so please point me to it.

mike

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

the way the pilot clients feed traffic to the sim is to show them as AI traffic. if the tcas works on AI traffic, it will work on online traffic. yes ive tried several for FS9 and FSX. some gauges may require an extra module (like the one included with FSINN which is what makes that feature possible in FSINN)

for instance, some of the fighter jets available (freeware) include radar gauges, they function with online traffic.

• 3 weeks later...
Markus Schober 1328585
Posted
Posted

Ernesto,

I am experiencing the same situation as Mike. The radar gauges I tried so far (ARS v4.0 and the tower radar that can be added as a gauge using FlusiFix) show AI traffic but do not work with online traffic.

Could you point us to one of the gauges you tried and know that they are working with online traffic? Or specifically name one of the freeware military aircraft you mentioned so we could give those a try?

Thanks a lot,

Markus

Markus

• 11 months later...
Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted

Sorry for bumping an old thread but this is exactly my question, just rejoining Vatsim from a long pause, and I am missing the traffic radar feature of FSInn in vPilot.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
gary hall 819116
Posted
Posted

I also am finding all the radar gauges show AI but not Vatsim traffic, please please help with pointing out, or specifically stating by name, and even location if possible a gauge that will show Vatsim traffic, please, thank you

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

turn off your AI traffic, you cant separate the two on the tcas radars

Markus Schober 1328585
Posted
Posted
turn off your AI traffic, you cant separate the two on the tcas radars

When I tried the few freeware radar add-ons as mentioned earlier, of course AI traffic was disabled when flying online.

AI traffic was shown when enabled during offline flights, but other pilot's planes were not shown when flying online (again, as stated, with AI disabled).

As the posters above, I still have not found a radar add-on that shows online traffic and would be glad to hear about one that does.

Markus

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

make sure AI Bridge is running (it comes with FSINN, and can also be downloaded separately)

its what sends the traffic to the radar

Markus Schober 1328585
Posted
Posted
make sure AI Bridge is running (it comes with FSINN, and can also be downloaded separately)

Thanks Ernesto, this sounds like the missing jigsaw piece - I'll give it a try.

Markus