You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

RealAir Duke Turbine Aircraft Type

Vaughan Martell 999926

Vaughan Martell 999926
Posted
Posted

I will be using RealAir Duke Turbine.

In Vroute I see Aircraft Type BE60 (Beech Duke 60).

Is that ok for on-line ATC to know which aircraft I have (not a Beech piston e.g.)?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Here's a handy ICAO aircraft type code search: http://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Search.aspx

In it, you'll see that the BE60 is for the Piston Duke, and B60T is for the Turbine Duke.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Vaughan Martell 999926
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the reply and the link.

When I use Vroute to set up a flight / file ATC I see no listing (screenshot) for the Turbo aircraft type.

Thus, my original question.

Bturbine_zpsjcpabwzn.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

That dropdown menu represents only a fraction of valid ICAO aircraft types. Since you already know the exact type code (B60T), there's no reason to use the dropdown at all - just type in B60T in the box to the left.

EDIT: That is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming, of course, that the dropdown selection doesn't affect other fields elsewhere. If it does, I'd say pick the closest match but manually adjust the type code for the purposes of the flight plan.

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted
That dropdown menu represents only a fraction of valid ICAO aircraft types. Since you already know the exact type code (B60T), there's no reason to use the dropdown at all - just type in B60T in the box to the left.

EDIT: That is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming, of course, that the dropdown selection doesn't affect other fields elsewhere. If it does, I'd say pick the closest match but manually adjust the type code for the purposes of the flight plan.

It only changes the True Airspeed field and the ICAO code of the aircraft.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Vaughan Martell 999926
Posted
Posted

"That dropdown menu represents only a fraction of valid ICAO aircraft types. Since you already know the exact type code (B60T), there's no reason to use the dropdown at all - just type in B60T in the box to the left."

Vroute will not allow editing the box data.

"EDIT: That is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming, of course, that the dropdown selection doesn't affect other fields elsewhere. If it does, I'd say pick the closest match but manually adjust the type code for the purposes of the flight plan. "

I would not know if it affect other fields elsewhere or not.

"I'd say pick the closest match but manually adjust the type code for the purposes of the flight plan"

That is what I was asking in my original post ..

Is the BE60 good for VATsim ATC for pilot flying RealAir Duke Turbine?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Really? So it restricts you to the small number of aircraft depicted in the dropdown box? That certainly doesn't seem right...

EDIT: I just tried it myself, and i was able to manually enter an aircraft type on that same screen.

Is the BE60 good for VATsim ATC for pilot flying RealAir Duke Turbine?

It depends. If you were flying in southern California in the USA, for example, I'd say no - one is a piston and one is a turboprop (so, for the purposes of TEC route, they are different types that would likely receive different routes and altitudes). Otherwise... maybe?

Other option would be to file the flight plan yourself outside of vRoute so that your flight plan is completely accurate.

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Really? So it restricts you to the small number of aircraft depicted in the dropdown box? That certainly doesn't seem right...

EDIT: I just tried it myself, and i was able to manually enter an aircraft type on that same screen.

It does not restrict anything. You can type whatever you want, as you just tried. Even using "1234" as aircraft type works.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Vaughan Martell 999926
Posted
Posted

"Really? So it restricts you to the small number of aircraft depicted in the dropdown box? That certainly doesn't seem right...

EDIT: I just tried it myself, and i was able to manually enter an aircraft type on that same screen."

Well, my results were different .. however, I tried backspacing over the text that was in the box already.

I will try again using your mentod .. just type 1234 e.g.

Ok, tried again .. could not type 1234 directly into box containing BE60 already.

But, backspacing did work this time ..

However, I could not type BE60T .. just BE60.

How did you do it?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

It has to be four letters...therefore B60T as Bradley stated above

Vaughan Martell 999926
Posted
Posted

"Is the BE60 good for VATsim ATC for pilot flying RealAir Duke Turbine?"

"It depends. If you were flying in southern California in the USA, for example, I'd say no - one is a piston and one is a turboprop (so, for the purposes of TEC route, they are different types that would likely receive different routes and altitudes). Otherwise... maybe?"

Yes, I fly TEC routs in Socal and elsewhere (using FAA preroutes DB).

I purchased Vroute Premium so naturally, I would like to use it.

"Other option would be to file the flight plan yourself outside of vRoute so that your flight plan is completely accurate. "

Would that be like using Squawkbox e.g. instead of Vroute Premium?

Edit: follow up ..

Ok, tried again .. could not type 1234 directly into box containing BE60 already.

But, backspacing did work this time .. (previously I may not have hit the BackSpace key ... on accident).

However, I could not type BE60T .. just BE60 (four characters total).

"It has to be four letters...therefore B60T as Bradley stated above "

Ok, .. thanks.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell

Vaughan Martell 999926
Posted
Posted

I did another quick test ... Vroute ATC on line flight plan with an edited Aircraft Code.

I got the Duke Turbine aircraft code (B60T) for VATsim ATC on-line OK now.

Thanks.

But, when the code is "user edited" the description text (screenshot) is lost for on line ATC viewing.

Is that OK?

B60T-no-description_zps1964tyon.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Controllers (hopefully) don't use vRoute to generate flight strips for their traffic, so what vRoute does or does not show is irrelevant for controllers.

Vaughan Martell 999926
Posted
Posted

Ok,

Sounds good to me.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell

• 1 month later...
Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I've added B60T to the list. For now, the TAS box will not fill in automatically, that will change once vroute collects enough data from actual flights.

Michal

vroute.net founder