You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not receiving any ATC sound

Alan Hull 908318

Alan Hull 908318
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

Although not necessarily a vPilot issue as I've also tried FSINN and Squawkbox to try and solve this I am using Vpilot now so its probably the most relevant section.

Basically I've switched to FSX on a new PC. Installed FSX and chose vPilot. Everything as far as connecting, model matching etc works fine until I tune a frequency. Whenever i tune a controllers frequency I can never hear him or any other pilots on frequency however he does hear my transmission. What makes this more confusing is I do actually receive any text transmissions from the frequency both controller and pilot and my actual speakers work fine as i can hear the sound of the engines from the a/c and any other sound vPilot makes from the little noise it makes when tuning a active frequency to the sound it makes when you press the PTT. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of including turning off all firewalls and antivirus software, I've even tried re installing FSX and vPilot as a last resort but to no avail. As mentioned above I've tried other pilot software but all have the same problem. I've searched for advice but cant find anything regarding this exact problem.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Kind Regards,

Alan

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Alan, is UDP port 3290 forwarded in your router (if using a router)?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
and any other sound vPilot makes from the little noise it makes when tuning a active frequency to the sound it makes when you press the PTT.

vPilot only makes a sound when you press PTT if you aren't actually connected to a voice channel. It's a short buzzer sound. Are you hearing that when you try to transmit?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alan Hull 908318
Posted
Posted

Hi,

First of all thanks for the reply's..

I've checked the port forwarding and that seems to be done correctly.

I've had another look regarding the noise when i press my PTT... When i tune a frequency COM1 in the top right turns blue and makes a little noise. When i press the PTT it also makes that short buzzer sound, which would indicate I'm not actually connected to a voice channel? Although i still pick up all text transmissions on the frequency.

Thanks for all the help,

Alan

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Right, that buzzer means you aren't connected to the voice server. You can still be connected via text.

I would think this is a firewall or antivirus issue, but you said you already disabled those.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alan Hull 908318
Posted
Posted

Thanks again for your continued help with this.

Its got me puzzled I've turned my firewall of to try and eliminate that from the list of possibilities and the PC is a new build which I haven't actually got round to installing any antivirus software yet so that shouldn't be a problem. As for port forwarding I've double and triple checked this to my ability and used just about every tutorial I can find on how to do this as its quite new to me (BT Homehub) but as far as I'm aware this is all done correct. I'll keep having a play about with it anyway.

Thanks again,

Alan