You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SB not loading all of my aircraft int he scnerio file

Jack Colwill 815386

Jack Colwill 815386
Posted
Posted

Just like the post says, I have some aircraft missing in my sweatbox session. If I reconnect/reload the scenario about 5 or 6 times sometimes all the aircraft appear. SB server is [Mod - lovely stuff]

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

There are a number of different reasons we've learned over the years for that to happen, but none that I'm aware of that would allow you to brute force the file to work after a number of tries. Normally, we'd ask you to post your aircraft file to see if we can figure out what is failing. You can try that, but like I say, I can't remember ever seeing a repeated-load attempt work.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Jack Colwill 815386
Posted
Posted

I wonder if it just doesn't like the amount of planes I have in the scenario file. About 150. But like you said the brute force thing makes no sense. In addition if I start my own START SIMULATION SERVER in connection mode it works fine. Everything seems to be pointing to the SB server

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Ah, interesting. Yes, I think the most I've ever loaded was 84 IIRC (that was a few years ago). Good luck.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Do you need all ~150 airplanes right from the start? If not, why not separate them into different groups/stages and load them in batches?

One can argue that it should work either way, but apparently it doesn't. Plus, loading them in batches would be more realistic, less workload on the server, and therefore more reliable.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

With that many aircraft, it's possible (perhaps even likely) that you are overloading your network card driver due to the sheer number of packets that are being sent. (Every aircraft sends a position update once every few seconds, and the server rebroadcasts every position update to every other aircraft.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jack Colwill 815386
Posted
Posted

Ok Thx guys. Will try reducing the amount of a/c in my scenario and then seeing if they consistently all get displayed.