You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vSMR Plugin

Pierre Ferran

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I've just released the first public version of my ground radar plugin, the plugins simulates the NOVA 9000 A-SMGCS system, and features an approach window, integrated CPDLC clearance via Hoppie's network and a couple more things.

Here are some (old) screenshots:

f59102a0aa.png

a347eb2260.png

The source code code is on github: https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR

Download the latest release now: https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/releases

Find out more on the wiki: https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/wiki

And finally, post your issues and suggestions here: https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/issues

Don't hesitate if you have any questions, and have fun!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have just downloaded it, but I have a little problem.

ielTlMk.jpg

I have two tags, how can I delete the tag in orange ?

And how can change the ground aircraft symbology of the plug-in ? And have it the same way than on the picture of LFPG ?

Edited by Guest

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted
Hello,

I have just downloaded it, put I have a little problem.

I have two tags, how can I delete the tag in orange ?

Answered here:http://community.vatsim-uk.co.uk/topic/31553-vsmr-plugin/

Erik Wachters
Posted
Posted

So cool!!!!

Thx

Erik

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Pierre,

Thanks for your nice plugin. I just ran a quick test yesterday, and one thing that came to my mind was, I can only run the plugin for one airport at a time, even though it is in different asr files. Will it be possible to make more asr files with different airports?

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted
Pierre,

Thanks for your nice plugin. I just ran a quick test yesterday, and one thing that came to my mind was, I can only run the plugin for one airport at a time, even though it is in different asr files. Will it be possible to make more asr files with different airports?

Hi Morten,

You should already be able to do that, I use that sometimes, just make one ASR per airport that you control, and the plugin should work independently in each window !

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

I am sorry but it doesn't. I have just tried to do it a few other ways now.

If you have 2 ASR files open on one profile, and change the airport in one ASR file, it overrides the other ASR file.

What I did was, install the plugin described in your Wiki. Opened a New SMR radar display. Typed EDDF in the plugin bar. Made a new SMR radar display, typed EDDS in the plugin bar. It automatically changed to EDDS on the first ASR file.

Also, if I close the session, and fires up Euroscope again with the ASR file, the menu bar says EGKK again? May be an issue by my side only.

The only solution that works, is to make a new profile for each airport, and then you will have more ES sessions open, in order do that.

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

What I did was, install the plugin described in your Wiki. Opened a New SMR radar display. Typed EDDF in the plugin bar. Made a new SMR radar display, typed EDDS in the plugin bar. It automatically changed to EDDS on the first ASR file.

Also, if I close the session, and fires up Euroscope again with the ASR file, the menu bar says EGKK again? May be an issue by my side only..

Hi Morten,

It seems you are not the only one who hasn't understood how do properly save the ASR settings, I agree it has weird logic.

Here is a step by step guide that should not fail you:

1. Launch EuroScope and load the plugin

• Click "Open SCT" -> "New SMR radar display"

• Adjust all the necessary settings, plugin, display, etc...

• Click "Open SCT" -> "Save as" and give a name to the ASR

• Click "Open SCT" -> "Close" and make sure you click "Save" on the popup window

• Repeat from step 2 to 5 for the other ASRs you want to create

• Click "Open SCT" -> "Load" and load all the ASRs you want

• When you'll re-open EuroScope, all your settings will be saved. Once again, when you close EuroScope, make sure you hit "Save" on the popup window.

Tell me if that works

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

I may have misunderstood the guide then..

But it works anyway - thanks, Pierre!

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Theo Bearman 1215409
Posted
Posted

Good afternoon everyone.

vSMR has been updated to v1.1.0-rc2 as of today (18th of April 2015).

The changelog is as follows:

This updates features a few bug fixes, and some new things:

Runway extended center-lines in the approach window are now drawn correctly.

You can disable the squawk warning, and it doesn't flash anymore.

Fixed the aircraft symbol direction during pushback.

You can hide the a/c type on the tag.

New mode: "Display 2nd line" and "Hide /ac type" allows a short departure tag, but a big arrival one.

When you don't enter a frequency for the datalink clearance, your own will be sent.

You can now use the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned speed for the stand number.

You can download the update here: https://github.com/p...R_1.1.0-rc2.zip.

You can download the source code here: https://github.com/p.../v1.1.0-rc2.zip.

You can view the vSMR project on GitHub here: https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR.

Enjoy!

bavcaptain.PNG

RAM: 8GB

CPU: Intel i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Motherboard : Samsung NP350V5C-A06UK

Queens Park Rangers FC - Loftus Road - London

1215409.jpg

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I tried the plugin during a quite busy event and it proved well under difficult conditions. It's truely a great addition!

Although nobody requested a datalink clearance, I think I understood the plugin demands to set a temp altitude as initial climb. In my area, we don't issue initial climb alts with the clearance, as they are stated on the charts. Also, we usually don't set initial clmbs via the temp altitude, as this is used by departure to coordinate with Center. To make it short: Would it be possible to make the initial climb field also optional instead of mandatory?

Best regards

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

• 1 month later...
Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Pierre,

thank you VERY much for this awesome plugin. Sweet thing is that here at LKPR the real system is in fact A-SMGCS Nova 9000, so this plugin is exactly what we needed for our Euroscopes! Implemented at VACC-CZ using our centralised updating tool for all our ATCos within a second, so everybody controlling LKPR is using this thing.

I just downloaded the source code, however I am not a programmer I would try changing some colours - the colouring policy for departures/arrivals in real world is quite different here at LKPR.

I would love just few minor things:

the ICAO code of controlled airport (left column in the top grey bar) should be saved when closing ES (now after re-starting ES I always have to delete the default EGKK and type LKPR instead), and the other settings could also be saved (colours, window positions...)

it would be perfect if the departures/arrivals colouring of TAGs would be based on this airport code set in the plugin, not on Euroscope default departure/arrival status - because when I am controlling ACC and there is a domestic flight from LKPR to another Czech airport, the Euroscope considers him to be "arrival" for me, because he arrives at an airport which I am controlling - so the colouring is red even if he is just pushing back at his departure airport which is also in my airspace - I hope you know what I mean.

Maybe if would be useful to allow more reconfigurability of the plugin using some TXT or INI file - for example our real world system changes colours of the TAG texts, not the background - our background is always transparent, it only becomes red when RIMCAS detects runway incursion. So if we had a INI file with colour definitions for all the conditions (departure text colour, departure tag background, arrival text colour, arrival tag background, runway incursion text colour, runway incursion tag background), we could tweak it well

Merci!

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

One more thing - how does the plugin recognise that the aircraft is on the runway? We have one long taxiway (lets call it FOXTROT) leading towards runway 06 in its opposite direction - and the plugin thinks that the airplane on this taxiway is actually inbound for a landing - so we get the RIMCAS countdown and even an orange conflict marking - as seen on this video with runway 06 in use:

(you can see the false countdowns at 1:06 for example). Or has it something to do with stupid pilots switching on the transponder after crossing runway 30 and leaving it on?

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I'm sorry I haven't had time to reply to every request, I should be back full on around the 25th and will work on the plugin, implementing a lot of the things you guys requested. Pavel, I shall reply to you properly very soon, thanks for using my plugin in your controller pack!

Regards

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Pierre,

take your time, we are not in hurry... Just few more tweaks that could be worth of considering.

1) Is the plugin doing some filtering in the "main" radar window (not in the approach window) by altitude? It seems like that the airborne traffic is filtered maybe 500ft above airport elevation which is quite impractical - as the real A-SMGCS allows you to unzoom and see traffic in the initial approach phase, maybe 5000ft above the airprot... This filtering is quite bad when ATC wants to accept handoff from APP and has to switch to another ASR because of that, or use inbound list...

2) Could we display 1 minute prediction speedvectors for the traffic in the approach window? It would be helpful for example for VFR traffic which is flying patterns and ATC needs to decide if to put him in front of arrival in ILS

3) We had a bit mess in the approach window during VFR event where we had lot of overlaping labels on the same place (multiple aircraft in pattern, or holding at VFR reporting point). I do not have any good advice how to solve this, maybe moveable aircraft labels could do the job, I dont know... Just an observation.

4) Real A-SMGCS has different labels for traffic on ground and for traffic in the air. The airborne traffic has a groundspeed in their labels. Do you think it is implementable? Or do you think that you could add a feature to tell the plugin not to control the labels of the Euroscope? We could do it using the default Euroscope labels in the way that traffic with mode C would have groundspeed, and traffic with mode standby would have just a "ground" label...

5) If you send me an e-mail (brodsky.pavel @ atlas.cz) I can provide you with full docomeentation of real NOVA 9000 A-SMGCS with a lot of pictures and explained functionality - you might need it

Otherwise we glad to have this in our ES

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Bug report: If an aircraft connect with only text (tag= /t), but he is by voice, when I change it to voice or receive in ES, the tag stay with /t. But, if an aircraft connect with voice and he is in text, I change it in Euroscope and the tag change. It's only when the pilot connect with text only.

• 3 weeks later...
Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Bug report: when I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign stand number by clicking on the NOGT and write a number and confirm by enter, I am unable to change this later. Eg. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned stand 25 but then somebody connected on stand 25 so I wanted stand 26, but that is not possible to overwrite - I have to delete the old one and write a new one - quite annoying.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

• 8 months later...
Daan Aerts 1309020
Posted
Posted

Pierre,

Can you add a funtion that you can basicaly show the status in the tags. I think you can way more easily see who is taxiing or pushing etc.

Daan

• 1 month later...
shreyas sanghvi 1315970
Posted
Posted

can anyone help me please. I cannot get the ETA of an aircraft on my screen. there was an ac on finals but i could not see his landing time. please help

• 1 month later...
Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Exactly a year and one day after the last public beta, vSMR has been heavily updated, with new features, changes and bugfixes:

• Runways can be either defined automatically by the plugin, or manually in the profile
    • Definition for both normal ops and LVP ops

[*] Added realistic correlation option

• Integrated with RIMCAS
    • Manual correlation & un
    • correlation
    • Automatic correlation based on squawk code [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment
    • Autocorrelation with squawk code blacklist & pilot squawk acceptance

[*] Added QDM Select reference

[*] Added distance measuring tool

• Works in the approach windows and main radar screen
    • Unlimited number of tools
    • Activate it by clicking the "/" in the menu bar, then clicking on two aircraft symbols.
    • Remove a tool by clicking on the text information that appears
    • Right click the "/" button to clear all active tools
    • Click the "/" button again to cancel an ongoing selection

[*] Automatic tag deconfliction

• Option can be enabled or disabled
    • Tags will automatically move to try to not overlap each others
    • The deconfliction logic will ensure rotation of the tag in the correct direction
    • When enabled, manual tag movement is restricted to allow the algorithm to work

[*] Added 'ssr' tag item, shows the current squawk code

[*] Added 'dep' tag item, shows the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned SID

[*] Added 'sdep' tag item, shows a short version of the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned SID (first 3 characters + last 2)

[*] You can now add as many tag lines as you want

[*] The two insets windows can be independently rotated, zoomed and filtered

[*] Tags can be moved on the insets

[*] Added predicted track lines (or "speed vectors") up to 5 minutes

[*] Added interaction with vStrips

• When using vStrips on the same computer as vSMR, gates/stands entered in vStrips will be shown in the gates tag
      items in vSMR

[*] RIMCAS has been refactored

• It is far more precise
    • It is faster
    • The IAW (Impending arrival window) can be customized in the profile, up to 300 seconds prediction and 5 seconds minimum interval
    • Detection of arrival aircrafts is more flexible, allowing the aircraft to not be perfectly centered on the extended centerline while still being detected
    • Two aircrafts going away from each others will cancel out RIMCAS alerts
    • A custom tag text color can be set when an aircraft triggers a RIMCAS alert
    • More realistic behavior in general

[*] Tag actions are now all right click, with left click selecting the aircraft

[*] Brightness control for labels, symbols and afterglow implemented

[*] UI has been updated to be more reactive and user friendly

• Mouve over a tag or symbol will cause it to highlight
    • Mouse cursor to change upon different actions like resizing and moving
    • Inset window buttons reactive to mouse over
    • Other small UI changes

[*] Many bugfixes

• Inset data & other options save to ASR, make sure you are using the latest EuroScope beta
    • Panning of the insets windows fixed
    • Crash on exit fixed in some occasions
    • All RIMCAS bugs fixed

[*] Performance improvement and code cleanup

Please report any issues or bugs in the 'issues' section of the Github. Thanks for using vSMR!

Github: https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/releases/tag/v1.3.1

Report issues here: https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/issues

Sachin Gnath
Posted
Posted

Amazing job mate!

Regards, 

S G

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Amazing, thank you for so many changes! Almost all my wishes were implemented, great!

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

A hotfix has been release:

Bug fix in the JSON file that would cause crashes in certain RIMCAS triggering cases.

https://github.com/pierr3/vSMR/releases