You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AWE is now AAL

Michael Hatutian 1073781

Michael Hatutian 1073781
Posted
Posted

Will we see this reflected in vPilot/IVAO MTL model matching? Right now apparently say someone files an AAL flightplan with an A319 or 320, I'll just get a default A321. I'm not sure if this is an IVAO MTL issue to sort out, or just a vPilot matching one.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's an issue with the model set in that there is no A320 model painted in AAL colors. I imagine they'll be updating it at some point.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 weeks later...
Steven Caffey
Posted
Posted

There is actually an AAL 319 model referenced in the rule set, so it should be showing the AA A319 for you. What you can do for others is open the model matching rule file in a text editor, and find the section for the types operated by the former US side but not AA (A320, A330, E190 off the top of my head) and copy the line that has the AWE, paste it and change the callsign to AAL. I'd leave the AWE references as I've seen people still filing AWE online (in fact I've seen a USA recently too )

for example:

<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="AWE" TypeCode="A320" ModelName="A320AWE" />

add:

<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="AAL" TypeCode="A320" ModelName="A320AWE" />

This tells vPilot to show the US Airways model instead of the generic at least.

Steven Caffey (SY) ZLA Controller

"A mile of highway gets you one mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere."

1099774.png