You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Stealth / Observer Function

Rodney Aylmore 944715

Rodney Aylmore 944715
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

In light of the Aerosoft Airbus Sp3 which allows shared flight decks. Is there any planned functionality for observer/stealth connection?

Regards,

Rod.

Richard Walsh
Posted
Posted

I flew online with the Leo Maddog with cockpit sharing (Before VPilot). You only need to put it in your remarks and let the ATC know. They will have one of you Squawking Standby. Other than that you handle comms as the aircraft call sign that is Squawking normal.

Rodney Aylmore 944715
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross,

I have read the other forum but doesn't offer a real solution. I think this is a feature that will be requested more by users particularly with the shared cockpit features of the aerosoft Airbus and eventually the majestic q400. I know it seams like few people will use it but in the past there has only been the Leonardo which was a dated sim.

Are there any work arounds that you can think of?

Rod.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I have read the other forum but doesn't offer a real solution.

I didn't link to that thread in order to offer a solution, only to show where the issue is already being discussed.

Are there any work arounds that you can think of?

There's the work around that Richard mentioned above, but I don't think I'd recommend that because other users will see two copies of your aircraft, and the two pilots will each see each other's aircraft. Might cause TCAS issues, etc. I'd also have to review the VATSIM policies to see if there is any prohibition against two connections for what is really a single flight. VATSIM does allow formation flying, but this is obviously different.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Rodney Aylmore 944715
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Appreciate the prompt response and understand you have to go through due process.

Rod.