You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Where have all the ladies gone!!!!

Craig Tomkins 1075089

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

If you ever encouter this, Celia. Please do contact a Supervisor so it can be dealt with. That step is very important.

Should you ever get any message that isn't pppropriate, take a screenshot of it and get contact with a Supervisor, so that can be handled.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Celia Eloff
Posted
Posted

I sent the screenshots of my phone to our director.

It is something which I don't like to do, but if someone is making my life hell, surely I will do it to him.

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

If you send these to a Supervisor who is online at the time, we can deal with it there and then rather than having the delay of a couple of days while it p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es to us via third party. We'd rather deal with people at the time where a discussion can be had via PM rather than an email exchange after the fact - it probably has more impact in the present than dealing with a past event.

And the same for anyone, doesn't have to be sexism - any form of abuse then let us know with screenshots as soon as it happens and let us get onto it.

Trevor Hannant

Clay Brown 1311511
Posted
Posted

I think a part of the reason there are a lack of females in the sim is because of how others act. There are a lot of males that get a little too excited to see a woman simming. Then again it may not be appealing for the m[Mod - Happy Thoughts] majority for some other exterior reason. It really is a shame to see a heavily male based system going on. I guess we need to start encouraging other women to play.

Happy flights!

20.png

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

"Human nature is a wonderful but mysterious anomaly." - Unknown

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

While we try to deal with those hormone-infested "trouble-makers", I can only ask you ladies to keep cool and simply ignore those messages. I feel a bit ashamed that you need to deal with these misled members, but sometimes ignorance is bliss. Concentrate on the good things, on the other 99% of members who are just happy to see you take part in our hobby, regardless of who you are.