You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I've setup model matching correctly but it wont work.

Gregor Christie 1316062

Gregor Christie 1316062
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I have been flying on vatsim for about 4 months and since the beginning there has been problems with my model matching.

All aircraft show up as grey instead of the correct livery. Every now and then (about 1 in 1000 aircraft) the livery will load but its very rare. Alothough GA aircraft mosly load ok but with default models (excluding priv jets).

I have installed the IVAO mtl correctly as most youtube tutorials say and my model matching in VPilot looks like this:

b6a661a51f.png

Is there any way to fix this? I would be grateful if anyone could help me.

Regards.

VVG3827.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you are seeing the models but not the textures, that's not a vPilot issue, that's an FSX issue. I've heard of people fixing that problem by turning off aircraft shadows and/or disabling the DirectX 10 preview mode.

As a side note, unrelated to your issue, you don't want to use both the IVAO and IVAO-P3D model matching rule sets. Use only one or the other. (In your case, I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you use FSX, not P3D, so just use the "IVAO" rule set.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gregor Christie 1316062
Posted
Posted
If you are seeing the models but not the textures, that's not a vPilot issue, that's an FSX issue. I've heard of people fixing that problem by turning off aircraft shadows and/or disabling the DirectX 10 preview mode.

As a side note, unrelated to your issue, you don't want to use both the IVAO and IVAO-P3D model matching rule sets. Use only one or the other. (In your case, I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you use FSX, not P3D, so just use the "IVAO" rule set.)

Ok, I will try these. Thanks

VVG3827.png