You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Compatability issues

Arthur Melton

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

I fly with a small group where two of us Fly using FS9 and others use FSX. With my FS9 the only Add-on is FSInn while the FSX users have P3P? or FSInn, Orbix and other add-ons, and while they are flying have troubles with computer crashes Does FSX have compatability problems when using some other programmes or vice versa.The FS9 fliers do not have these problems. Any knowledge of the reasons. They use powerful computers and graphics. Thanks

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you might be mixing up a few things, in FS9 FSINN is one of two clients that work on FS9, Squawkbox being the other.

FSX has 3 clients, Squawkbox, FSINN and vPilot

by P3P ill [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you meant P3D? this is not an addon, its a simulator by Lockheed Martin using the commercial code from FSX. this is not used with FSX, it is its own software.

as far as crashes, plenty of reasons for FSX to crash just like FS9 will crash, FS9 users most definitely also have this problem with some addons.

so if your question is does FSX have the same issues as FS9, yes

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply .what I was trying to show is that the FSX users have more troubles with crashes than the FS9 users, maybe because they use the more sophisticated add-ons like Orbix . Question ,does P3P use FSInn ? for comms.thanks

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
what I was trying to show is that the FSX users have more troubles with crashes than the FS9 users

One thing that's generally true about generalizations: they're often wrong. Plenty of FSX users (myself included) complete flights all the time without the app crashing.

Question ,does P3P use FSInn ? for comms.

No idea. What's P3P? If you meant Prepar3d, then it has the same choice of clients as FSX.

Arthur Melton
Posted
Posted

Thanks to all .Cheers