You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Where do I get the type codes for planes

Vergil Marquardt 944928

Vergil Marquardt 944928
Posted
Posted

Hi

I just installed and trying to get everything working n Vpilot, can anyone tell me where I can get a chart showing all of

codes for the different planes, also where is it wants CD and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is that the ID number and vatsim p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

would appreciate it if someone could help me on this.

Thanks

Vergil Marquardt

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
can anyone tell me where I can get a chart showing all of

codes for the different planes

You can use this website to search for codes.

also where is it wants CD and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word is that the ID number and vatsim p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

That's CID, as in VATSIM Certificate ID.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Just be sure you check those results against an official source if you're wanting accuracy. That site, for a counterexample, would lead one to believe that "B77F" is a valid ICAO type code.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Just be sure you check those results against an official source if you're wanting accuracy. That site, for a counterexample, would lead one to believe that "B77F" is a valid ICAO type code.

On the other hand, when setting up your model matching rules, it may not be a bad idea to include some common "goof" types, so that if someone on the network should happen to use one, your VPilot will still find a suitable model instead of displaying them as whatever your default is, or something wildly inappropriate for their intended aircraft type.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

It has many already built in Robert

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
On the other hand, when setting up your model matching rules, it may not be a bad idea to include some common "goof" types, so that if someone on the network should happen to use one, your VPilot will still find a suitable model instead of displaying them as whatever your default is, or something wildly inappropriate for their intended aircraft type.

It sounds like the OP is looking for valid codes to use in the connect window, rather than model matching rules.

For the model matching rules, there is a file called SimilarAircraftTypes.txt which is where you would put invalid codes in order to have them match up with their correct code.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC