You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

So, Virtual Tower View isn't coming back?

Robert Shearman Jr

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I read somewhere that the latest version of VRC (1.2.4) does not support Virtual Tower View -- that to use it I have to revert to 1.2.1.

However, it is not clear whether this is a permanently dropped feature or whether it will be returning. The option to "Start Multiplayer Session" is still in the menu.

Will this feature be coming back or has it been abandoned permanently?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It has been abandoned permanently, for a variety of reasons, the biggest of which is the fact that the multiplayer code was not written by me ... it was provided to me by the author of Squawkbox 3, and it is not in a form that is maintainable by me. Plus, it only worked with FS9.

I *may* at some point release a version of vSTARS that allows you to connect FSX as a tower view, using the vPilot code.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
I *may* at some point release a version of vSTARS that allows you to connect FSX as a tower view, using the vPilot code.

Because I can't recall if I'd heard/asked this already or not (and because it's not currently listed on the Features page)... do you have any similar plans for vERAM?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
do you have any similar plans for vERAM?

No, because I was thinking I wanted to make a tower client out of vPilot, but I quickly realized that such a client would need a radar scope since many cabs have a radar console, so I figured the easy thing to do would be to add vPilot's FSX integration to vSTARS. I could do the same thing for vERAM, but I'm not sure how often anyone's going to want to cover center airspace with one or more ERAM screens while also covering local control at an airport visually with FSX.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Never underestimate the determination of us bipolar controllers...

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations