You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Steam Edition and vpilot

Tony Manolo 1323805

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted

Hi, I'm new to VATSIM. I'm using FSX Steam Edition with vpilot. Everything works fine except for the ability to transmit while the FSX window is the active one. I can receive just fine, but to transmit, I have to click on the vpilot window to make it active and then transmit. Otherwise, it won't work and it's receive only. I've had to do that the last two times I flew FSX steam edition. Luckily FSX continues to fly in the background without pausing, but I prefer not to do it that way. When I use the box version, it doesn't have this problem, only with steam edition. And I prefer not to go back to the box version. Does anyone fly FSX steam? And, is anyone experiencing the same problem and what's the solution if any? Thanks.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Are you running FSX as an administrator? If so, you will need to run vPilot as an administrator also, in order for it to be able to see keystrokes while FSX has focus.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tony Manolo 1323805
Posted
Posted
Are you running FSX as an administrator? If so, you will need to run vPilot as an administrator also, in order for it to be able to see keystrokes while FSX has focus.

Thanks a bunch Ross. You're awesome! It worked like a charm.