You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

VATSIM SSO and Osticket

Tom Easterbrook 1218620

Tom Easterbrook 1218620
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm currently trying to integrate vatsim single sign-on With the ticketing system Osticket and although I can get the data from VATSIM I am struggling to integrate this data into the system. I know this has been achieved within the UK division and I would be grateful If somebody could please help me integrate this system with single sign on?

Thanks

Tom

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

Hi Tom,

I'll package it all up for you and get it across this evening

Anthony

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

You can find the bundled package here: https://github.com/A-Lawrence/VatsimOSTicketAuth

It's open for anyone to use. It only currently supports RSA implementation and doesn't display any useful error messages if the SSO side of things fails.

Therefore, if anyone wishes to open a pull request (and can prove they've tested the fix!!) I'll accept it.

A.

• 1 month later...
daniel counahan
Posted
Posted

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but it is to do with this software and plugin, the following code is causing trouble for us at vatsea

$client = new ClientCreateRequest($this, $member->id, ["email" => $member->email, "name" => $member->name_first." ".$member->name_last]);
                       return $client->attemptAutoRegister();

It is line 175 and I have had to comment it out for the osticketsystem to show, if I uncomment it it goes blank, doesn't even show an error. So I looked at the error_log and it says there is an unexpected [ on line 175.

Regards

Daniel Counahan

VATSEA9

Jamie Fox 811029
Posted
Posted

Are you running a version of PHP that supports the use of square bracket syntax for arrays? Earlier versions of PHP didn't have this.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Which version of PHP are you using? The [] notation for arrays was added somewhat recently (in/around 5.4).

You could make it backwards compatible by using array() instead, e.g.:

$client = new ClientCreateRequest($this, $member->id, array("email" => $member->email, "name" => $member->name_first." ".$member->name_last));

EDIT: Jamie beat me to it while typing... but I'll post the above workaround anyway.

EDIT2: Given the age (and deprecation) of < PHP 5.4 versions, I'll also say that you should consider the workaround temporary (as all workarounds should be ); the real "fix" is to upgrade your ancient PHP installation to something that's current and supported.

daniel counahan
Posted
Posted

The server is using php 5.3.9, I used the array and that works. Thanks for your help guys.

• 6 months later...
Tom Easterbrook 1218620
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I am still having little success with making this plugin work as when I try and log in I am still routed to the standard page and not the demo SSO login page. I have installed and followed all of the instructions in the readme.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
Zach Biesse-Fitton
Posted
Posted

I'm also having this issue.

Haven't done too much digging yet, but came across this post.

Did anyone have any luck?

Zach Biesse-Fitton
VATSIM Developer and Supervisor | VATPAC Division Director

vatSys Development Team

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted

Hi Zach,

We have the plugin setup and working fine on both our VATSIM West Asia division helpdesk, and the VATSIM Asia region helpdesk. Can you elaborate more on the issue you're facing?

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted

Hi Zach,

The only recent issue we encountered was with OSTicket v1.10, where we had to implement the following change: https://github.com/VATSIM-UK/Helpdesk/commit/345c27fd37d938c6fe47b0ffbc3e3776f0f11b9c

As per Kieran's request, if that doesn't help, could you please provide a little more detail on the issue?

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

• 3 weeks later...
Peter Adamos 1177703
Posted
Posted

Hijacking this post - has anyone managed to pull the VATSIM ID on login into a custom field when creating the user account?

Peter Adamos (I3)

VATPAC3 - Director, ATC Training