You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

IPBoard VATSIM SSO

Anthony Lawrence

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I while back I released the UK's version 3 SSO login handler for IPBoard.

I've updated this to work with the latest version of IPBoard (4.0.6.1). You can download the files from this site: https://a-lawrence.github.io/VatsimIPBoardAuth/

Please remember, as always, to take a backup of your data before you test this! I've tested it on the UK forum and it works. Please make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

A.

• 2 years later...
Harrison Scott
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Anthony,

Sorry to bring up an old post. VATSIM Australia Pacific is currently in the process of migrating to IPB from SMF and are wishing to use the SSO integration that you have made. We have ran into a few roadblocks in regards to compatibility, just wondering if there is an update for IPB v4.2.8 or a version greater than v4.0.6.1.

Kind Regards

Edited by Guest

Harrison Scott
VATSIM Web Developer
Director Operations, VATSIM Australia Pacific
[email protected]

Calum Towers
Posted
Posted
Hi Anthony,

Sorry to bring up an old post. VATSIM Australia Pacific is currently in the process of migrating to IPB from SMF and are wishing to use the SSO integration that you have made. We have ran into a few roadblocks in regards to compatibility, just wondering if there is an update for IPB v4.2.8 or a version greater than v4.0.6.1.

Kind Regards

Harrison

Hi Harrison,

Which version are you using and from which repo?

Cheers,

Calum

Calum Towers
Web Services Director
BFunKC2.png
Network Supervisor

Harrison Scott
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Callum,

Thanks for your response. We are using IPB v4.2.8 and Anthony's Repo located here.

Edited by Guest

Harrison Scott
VATSIM Web Developer
[email protected]

Kieran Samuel Cross
Posted
Posted

Might be worth noting that I did a pull request to fix this issue with incompatibility. It's not been merged, but if you want to give it a shot, it's available here.

Kind Regards,

Kieran Cross,

28.png

Harrison Scott
Posted
Posted

Hi Kieran,

Sorry I did not see your pull request up there. I have just pushed your fix on our side and it works perfectly!

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Harrison

Harrison Scott
VATSIM Web Developer
[email protected]

Neil Farrington
Posted
Posted
Might be worth noting that I did a pull request to fix this issue with incompatibility. It's not been merged, but if you want to give it a shot, it's available here.

Thanks for that - I've gone ahead and merged it

Neil Farrington

VATSIM UK

• 5 weeks later...
Andrey Prokhorov
Posted
Posted

Request VATSIM SSO module update for IPB 4.3.x!

Thank you!

Andrey Prokhorov
vACC Ukraine

vacc_ua_logo_small.png.c87ab1be9839e7b9c5c1a45da5280936.png

• 11 months later...
Anastasios Mpithas
Posted
Posted

Hello all!

With the latest 4.4.2 version of IPB, the SSO plugin doesn't seem to work; The redirect to IPB, after clicking 'confirm' on the SSO page, is happening only sometimes, and most of the times clicking confirm does nothing (the page just reloads). Previous version on the forum was 4.3.6 and the plugin (with the fixes suggested) was working well.

Has anyone got the fixes required or the pieces of code that have to be changed for the SSO to work on 4.4.x?

EDIT: Seems to be resolved by replacing 'form action' with 'a href'

Thanks,

Anastasios Mpithas

Hellenic vACC member

C1/P1-2-3-4