You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Thank You VATCAN!

Colin Bennett 1000178

Colin Bennett 1000178
Posted
Posted

Thank You VATCAN!

I have served VATCAN in a national capacity for the past 7 years and appreciate the dedication, hard work and cooperation of my many colleagues and friends at VATCAN.

VATCAN has been an innovator and role model for other Divisions of VATSIM in recent years; a testament to your hard work.

Our Centralized “National Training Unit” (NTU) and the thousands of hours invested by it’s dedicated and talented Instructors and Mentors has resulted in a superb standard of ATC which is consistent across the entire Division, and is the envy of many others globally.

We were the first VATSIM “in house” Pilot Training Centre with our flight Academy in August of 2010. During the Academy’s first two weeks we had more than 500 student applicants from over 40 countries!

It is time for a change. My Business and my RW flying workload have been demanding more and more of my time in recent months. I am working as a VFR and IFR Flight Instructor, Civil Search and Rescue (CASARA) Pilot/Navigator and Vice President of the Winnipeg Flying Club amongst other endeavours.

I have submitted my resignation effective June 01/15. Please contact Eldon Wilson (VATCAN3) if needed. Nic Felini (VATNA1) will be posting the position in the very near future.

Blue Skies….See you online!

Colin Bennett, VATCAN1

colin_sig.png

Colin Bennett, VATCAN1

vatcan1_2.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Colin, thank you so very much for your service to VATCAN, VATNA and VATSIM; for the great spirit of cooperation that we have enjoyed for years, and for your friendship. My best wishes for health, luck and success going forward, and I still hope to see you around once in a while, as time allows.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

Colin,

You provided excellent leadership during your time as VATCAN1, and I learned a tremendous amount from you. Best of luck to you in the future, and the curry is on me next time I am in Winnipeg!

TB

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Mark Smith 1119598
Posted
Posted

Thanks for everything Colin. I was first student in the NTO and you have given me the tools I needed to be a controller and Supervisor on VATSIM. I really appreciate all your efforts. Good luck and clear skies Colin.

Mark Smith

Vatsim Supervisor

Jean-Francois Desrosiers
Posted
Posted

Colin,

It sure has been one heck of a ride working along sides with you. Thanks for the great leadership and support you've shown since my days as S1 and you Training Director until recently. It has been a fun and rewarding experience.

Don't forget to pop on the TS every once in a while and check on us!

JF

Jean-Francois Desrosiers

Controller - Montreal FIR

VATSIM Network Supervisor

19.png

Greg McCormick 964079
Posted
Posted

Colin,

On behalf of the Moncton/Gander team, thanks for all of your hard work and dedication over your 7 year tenure as VATCAN1.

Best of luck with the new endeavors.

Greg McCormick

Chief - Moncton/Gander FIR

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted

Colin,

Thank you so much for the work you have done, not only for VATSIM Canada but for the wider VATSIM community. You have been a stalwart at the division for as long as I've been a member of VATSIM. I hope this will now be the time for you to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

On behalf of Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands, blue skies!

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia

• Board of Governors
Nicola Felini
Posted
Posted

Holy good grief, 7 years! Thank you for your years of service and dedication, Colin!

Good luck with the business!

Nicola Felini

Vice President | Conflict Resolution

7JRF7kO.png.c96d82051e6821a105716826766c7bd0.png