You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Windows 10

Bradford Lee

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

So, with the free upgrade offer now taking up residence in the bottom left of my screen, I'm wondering if anyone has any compatibility reports with Windows 10 and VRC, FSX, etc.?

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

• 1 month later...
Jiri Kocman 1325671
Posted
Posted

Boxed FSX is not officially supported. Same for FSX:SE but DTG examines whether there is a compatibility problem, and if so, will it solve.

• 3 weeks later...
Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

I'm using FSX:SE and Windows 10 without any issues. To err on the safe side, I used Steam's app to verify file integrity. It had to download some 400 files that weren't present on the initial scan, probably lost during the upgrade to the new OS. It is recommended to do a reinstall to make sure all the integral files are intact if you are using the boxed version.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

• 8 months later...
Olly Watson 1283041
Posted
Posted

I've been running Windows 10 since release day and it runs FSX like a charm. No problems whatsoever!

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

I haven't had any compatibility issue what so ever. But if I have any problems with programs (not just FSX) running the program in compatibility mode usually fixes it.

Joshua Black