You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vZHU ARTCC UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

Zac Armstrong 895163

Zac Armstrong 895163
Posted
Posted

Hey guys and gals my name is Zac Armstrong and I am the new DATM for ZHU (Houston) ARTCC. You guys at various VA's should be receiving an e-mail from me (mostly the VA's which fly to ZHU) within the next couple of weeks as the new management at ZHU is reaffirming old partnerships and trying to establish new ones!

The new management for ZHU is very proactive and are taking great strides to improve our ARTCC. If you have any suggestions, comments, or concerns please feel free to drop a reply in the forum. If you, or your VA, is interested in holding an event at ZHU we have recently established an event structure that withstood VcAir's infamous TGIF with flying colors (and over 400 hours of practice and planning was put into this structure I might add)!

If you, or your VA has any questions about ZHU including staffing, routes to or from any one of our airports, or even establishing a hub please feel free to drop me a line (or our "head honcho" Matt Temple) at the e-mail addresses provided on our website.

We are also revamping our training department both in conjunction with the new training academy and establishing an extensive testing system to help keep controllers both realistic AND courteous! So if you have never flown into ZHU (which includes parts of Alabama, Louisiana, the southern half of Texas) look us up! We hope you will be suprised and if you aren't, let us know about it so we can fix it!

Hope to see you in the skies!

Zac

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For it is there you have been and there you long to return..."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

ZHU DATM

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

ZHU just hosted a very successful TGIF. They are on top of their game so if you have avoiced flying to KIAH, KMSY, KSAT or other fine ZHU airports, now is the time to consider them!

I can't thank the ZHU staff enough for the time, dedication and planning they have put in for TGIF and other events.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Zac Armstrong 895163
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lance!

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For it is there you have been and there you long to return..."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

ZHU DATM

Matthew Temple 880167
Posted
Posted

Much appreciated Lance See ya for COA Live!

Matthew Temple

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Good to hear ZHU is on top of their stuff. Bravo! Good luck stepping up and shining above the rest .

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png