You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

World of AI package downloader

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I wrote a basic Windows app for downloading selected World of AI packages. The app requires the .NET framework version 4.7.

The list of available packages is parsed from the World of AI web site and shown in a list grouped by category and country. You can select some or all of the packages and download them into a specified folder. You would then use the World of AI installer to actually install the packages.

Note that if a package has links for both FS9 and FSX, you can control which version is downloaded using the "Sim" dropdown in the configuration area.

NOTE THAT THIS IS A DOWNLOADER ONLY. YOU ARE STILL REQUIRED TO INSTALL THE PACKAGES INTO YOUR SIM USING THE WOAI INSTALLER SOFTWARE!

Here's a screenshot:

WorldOfAiDownloader.png

Here's the link to download the executable:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/Files/WorldOfAiDownloader.exe

Here's the code on GitHub if anyone is interested:

https://github.com/RossMetacraft/WorldOfAiDownloader

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Andreas Fuchs

• Don Desfosse

• Martin Maaskant

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 25 posts

• Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs 5 posts

• Don Desfosse

Don Desfosse 5 posts

• Martin Maaskant

Martin Maaskant 4 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 16 2020

7 posts

• Jun 7 2015

7 posts

• Jun 15 2015

6 posts

• Jun 9 2015

6 posts

Popular Posts

Ross Carlson

They have changed the HTML structure of the WOAI package list page, so it was not finding the individual links any more. I have updated it: http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/Files/WorldOfAiDownl

EJ Davis

Or he could be one of those people like me that keep AI on while on VATSIM. It only messes me up every flight!

Posted Images

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted (edited)

FAST work, Ross! It fetches the FSX packages, correct?

Edited by Guest

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
FAST work, Ross! It fetches the FSX packages, correct?

Yes, I've updated my post to add that detail.

EDIT: You can now select which version you want to download, FS9 or FSX.

Edited by Guest

Stefano Amatore 1281869
Posted
Posted

wuao!! great work

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross, could you also implement a filter for FS9 packages? I am one of those old fashioned pilots who have not changed to FSX/P3D and still enjoy taking FS9 out for an online flight.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Hi Ross, could you also implement a filter for FS9 packages? I am one of those old fashioned pilots who have not changed to FSX/P3D and still enjoy taking FS9 out for an online flight.

Done ... redownload the file and you'll see a "Sim" dropdown in the configuration area. It defaults to FSX, but you can change it to FS9 before starting the download.

Dale Munro 1095547
Posted
Posted

would be good if it installed aswell takes ages installing one by one

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Why are you installing one by one? When running the WOAI installer choose all the zip files you wish to use before pressing next.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Dale Munro 1095547
Posted
Posted
Why are you installing one by one? When running the WOAI installer choose all the zip files you wish to use before pressing next.

i didn't know that, good job i'm still downloading haha

Dale Munro 1095547
Posted
Posted

i tired selecting all the packages and it didn't do anything was just loading for ages (30mins)

Dale Munro 1095547
Posted
Posted

Nevermind, it was because the downloader downloaded a Project Airbus and the WOAI installerdidnt recognise it

Max Fitzmaurice 1223072
Posted
Posted

Is this going to overwrite previously installed WoAI packages or already notice that they are installed and not give you the option to install them?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Another talented developer, Nico Kaan, did just this, and has contributed it to our community! As was suggested in Brad's reply to your post, use VMRGenerator!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Amit Tal 1323853
Posted
Posted

And...it's a bullseye!

Thanks guys for all the help !

As for the VATSIM power bundle: merge VPilot + Ross's WOAI script + WOAI installer + Nico's VMRGenerator (with a must have three steps of creating the VMR file, testing with the TEST.exe included and correcting the VMR with exclusions) and you have a one click ready to go friendly software.

Well...off to do some flying

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately World of AI does not allow redistribution of their packages, so we can't bundle them with vPilot.

What we really need is to put the time into contacting model developers and getting their permission to distribute their models with vPilot or the upcoming swift client. This is what World of AI did, and this is what IVAO did. VATSIM just has to follow suit. We would then have an official model set that all users of current client software would have, and we could even allow VATSIM-registered VAs to add their own fictional models to the set.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Quick question on the topic of WOAI and the VMR generator. I've found that occasionally certain airlines will get completely different airlines paints.

I saw an AAL as AJM for example.

Unrecognized airlines get seeminly radom airlines' paints. Is there a way to change this to use a "default" paint (Aersoft, Airbus, Boeing House, etc.)?

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Depends what aircraft type they were using, if they logged in as AAL in a aircraft they don't use then it won't match.

People log in as 77L in their own fictional livery, AAL dont own any 77Ls so you wouldn't have any in your model set.

This kinda confirms my alphabetical theory maybe VMR generator creates a rule for unknown type/airline = first airline of that type, I'm sure that's what I read I will have to go searching.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
This kinda confirms my alphabetical theory maybe VMR generator creates a rule for unknown type/airline = first airline of that type, I'm sure that's what I read I will have to go searching.

Yeah that would have to be a result of the VMR files that VMRGenerator produces, since vPilot does not do any sort of alphabetical selection of airlines if no exact match is found.

• 2 weeks later...
Jordy Koenen 1323731
Posted
Posted

hello

can somebody tell me how to install this i get a lot of files but no exe

Jordy

Daniel Katz
Posted
Posted
can somebody tell me how to install this i get a lot of files but no exe

You need to download and use the World of AI Installer.

Harry Josephs 1299040
Posted
Posted

Hey guys - Need some help, once I click download selected p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ages, this text comes up, and at the end there is an error.. It says i'm logged out... help pleaseeeeeeeeeeee! I use FSX:SE

Logging into AVSIM ... done.

Fetching download link for Safi Airways ... done.

Fetching FTP URL ... done.

Downloading file ... error.

Download aborted.

It also comes up with an error after that saying "503.. Not logged in" or something along those lines. Help pleaseeeeee!

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Are you able to log in to AVSIM using your web browser? You might even try downloading a file as well.

Harry Josephs 1299040
Posted
Posted

Seems like it's just my [Mod - lovely stuff]py internet. Will post back if I have any new problems. Cheers for the help!