You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC ESE issue

Bohdan Bessonov

Bohdan Bessonov
Posted
Posted

Hello

There is a problem with ESE ATC definition

In real life in UKBB we have 2 TMAs: TC-3 128.175 and TC-4 122.775

Due to a little traffic for evening/night time there is only one controller with TC-3 + TC-4 TMA (JOINT) with 122.775 frequency

So, how can I do:

BNR UKBB_N_APP with 128.175

BSR UKBB_S_APP with 122.775

BAR UKBB_APP with 122.775?

Seems that Euroscope not recognizes position as freq+callsign, only by frequency

Bohdan Bessonov

ACCUA03 ATC Manager

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Hello Bogdan

I propose you to use only one callsign. Because ES will be confused if you have both UKBB_S_APP and UKBB_APP online, what is actually possible due to different callsigns. So just take either UKBB_S_APP or UKBB_APP. Which one you choose is not so important, it depends on the philosophy you follow. If you have often both stations staffed, I would propose taking S_APP. If N_APP is staffed only on a few occasions, I would choose _APP.

But using two different callsigns for the same function/AoR is probably the worst you can do.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Harry Sugden
Posted
Posted

Hi Bogdan

We work something similar at London Heathrow, in that EGLL_N_APP is the first position to log on, but it is also possible to open EGLL_S_APP. The .ese is set up so that EGLL_N_APP (119.720) takes ownership of all the airspace, and when EGLL_S_APP (134.970) logs on, they each are given their separate parts of the airspace.

Positions:

EGLL_N_APP:Heathrow Director:119.720:LLN:L:EGLL:APP:-:-:7030:7046:N051.28.39.000:W000.27.41.000::
EGLL_S_APP:Heathrow Director:134.970:LLS:L:EGLL:APP:-:-:7030:7046:N051.28.39.000:W000.27.41.000::

Extracts from Airspace Ownership:

SECTOR:LLNTH_W:0:9500
OWNER:LLN:LLS:LLF:TCSE:TCS:T:LD:LS:LWS:LSC:L

SECTOR:LLSTH_W:0:9500
OWNER:LLS:LLN:LLF:TCSE:TCS:T:LD:LS:LWS:LSC:L

ATC Examiner, VATSIM UK

No nonsense controlling Twitch - HazControl ✈️

@HVatsim