You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

My traffic 6 p3d2.4

tony moseley 1088954

tony moseley 1088954
Posted
Posted

Can anyone confirm there are no snags with mytraffic 6 vpilot and p3d2.4?

Help no ivao_mtl anymore!

damn your morals Ross

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

In the same manner that VATSIM doesn't actively pursue those who install illegal/cracked copies of flight simulator software, you can still use the IVAO MTL with vPilot (either with an old copy of the .vmr or a custom made one). He hasn't completely forced everyone to use the correct/honest/moral/legal path.

As for MyTraffic 6, have you tried using VMRGeneator?

EDIT: Actually, it looks like there shouldn't even be a need to use VMRGenerator; there is already a rule set available for download for "MyTraffic6." Have you tried that one?

tony moseley 1088954
Posted
Posted

I haven't purchased my traffic6 yet, I just wanted to know if there were any snags with p3dv2.4 and vpilot before I spend

I have no idea how to create a .vmr?, the vmr grnerator program dosen't work with ivao mtl anymore.

Any tips welcome

Tony

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
I haven't purchased my traffic6 yet, I just wanted to know if there were any snags with p3dv2.4 and vpilot before I spend

Ah, I misunderstood that part of your original post then.

Whether you're using vPilot, FSInn, or no VATSIM pilot client at all is irrelevant - the clients themselves take no part in the actual rendering of the models. So, really, all you need to know is if the models provided by My Traffic 6 work in P3D. To that end, you'll find threads on the P3D forums like this one that suggest several users have indeed used it. In fact, based on the screenshots in this thread (aimed at P3D v2.5 users), it looks like MT6 should have instructions and/or automated installation options for P3D v2.4.

tony moseley 1088954
Posted
Posted

I don't take anything for granted in flight sim of what should happen especially when I buy payware, snags and glitches, workrounds, tweaks are all part of the fun of FSX/P3D .

I purchased My Traffic6 and it works with vpilot and p3d2.4.

My only comment about My Traffic6 is the many bad reviews about the the fiddly confusing install which is correct, not everyone is an advanced hardcore simmer, unfortunatley for the developer bad reviews/comments are easily found and will put potential customers off.

Thanks for your replies Bradley