You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Coordination

Bohdan Bessonov

Bohdan Bessonov
Posted
Posted

Okay, we have a situation. CTR controller (UKBV whole center) UKBV_CTR and me, UKBB_APP (dep+arr UKBB)

And we have a traffic - AUI123 that goes from SLV to BBW101, then full transition.See the picture below:

39eda584d5da.png

If CTR would like to direct to BB668 or BB665, he can do shortcut without my accept. But only for fixes BB638, BB636, BB634, BB632 and BB630 he needs my accept. WHY?

Sectors are properly defined (as you see) and BB668/665 are in my sector. Why CTR don't need my accept?

Thanks

Bohdan Bessonov

ACCUA03 ATC Manager

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

From my experience, this has changed with ES V3.2 compared to 3.1d. Now, the partner for coordination has to be selected explicitly. This mean, even when the correct following controller is shown correctly to CTR (in tag or list), it has first to be reselected (changes color) and then a coordination request should be initiated. As CTR, you can see while selecting fix and/or altitude if a coordination request will be initiated. Fixes and altitudes in the dropdown will then be followed by the position id (of the controller to initiate a handoff with) in brackets.

I don't know if this change in behaviour related to the earlier version is a bug or a feature.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Bohdan Bessonov
Posted
Posted

It's abnormal that CTR needs to reselect next controller.

Without reselect CTR has BB665, BB664 BB662... and only BB638(TC4) BB636 (TC4) etc...

We will try tomorrow and answer here.

p.s.Maybe Csernak will answer: bug or feature is this?

Bohdan Bessonov

ACCUA03 ATC Manager

Panagiotis Konstantinidis
Posted
Posted

Also, make sure you have requested the COPX altitude before requesting the COPX Point. If the current altitude of the aircraft is higher than the upper vertical limit of the next sector, COPX won't work

Panagiotis Konstantinidis

ACCGR11, HvACC Deputy Director

Airport Briefing | Air Traffic Overview |  Euroscope Guide | Euroscope Sector Files

Bohdan Bessonov
Posted
Posted

CTR set a40 before coord. Nothing changed. (my sector is 1000-9000 feet)

UPD. Worked if CTR choose next atc manually

Bohdan Bessonov

ACCUA03 ATC Manager

Pavel Brodsky
Posted
Posted

Any update why the ATC needs to manually select next controller ID before COPX works? Happens to me also quite randomly, sometimes it works without preselecting, sometimes not, quite annoying.

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

Bohdan Bessonov
Posted
Posted

I don't know what's going on with ES?

Why it has no route? only to BO (he p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed BO 10 minutes earlier)

944874f2462c.png

WTF???

AIrac 1507 sure installed

p.s. Maybe revert to pure ES 3.2? without latest patch (2014 year), it's so buggy, or wtf?

Thx for help...

Bohdan Bessonov

ACCUA03 ATC Manager

Bohdan Bessonov
Posted
Posted

Any help

up

Bohdan Bessonov

ACCUA03 ATC Manager

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Hi Bogdan

Keep calm. It will most probably be a problem with the data from the sct/ese file. As I'm not familiar with the region and airport, let me ask:

1. What STAR procedure did you define? Possible that ES has detected a STAR from BO which is incomplete.
  2. There are 2 ways to display a route, once with the expected time (what your picture shows obviously) and once with the calculated altitude. Is there a difference between?
  3. You said the AIRAC is up to date. Which files does that cover? So which files have been updated?
  4. I see also the aircraft isn't appearing in the list also show in the screenshot, where the STAR should be visible. Did you check that the airport settings have been set correctly?

Route drawing is sometimes messed up when a direct has been given before and the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing of this waypoint hasn't been registered by ES. If you cleared a direct before, drop it again.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Route drawing has nothing to do with the sector files or the sector file cycle.

Its all in the airway.txt file in your euroscope folder, this needs to be updated with data from navigraph.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Bohdan Bessonov
Posted
Posted
Its all in the airway.txt file in your euroscope folder, this needs to be updated with data from navigraph.

All files from FSNavigator data copied and replaced to Docomeents. And, these NDBs also were in old AIRAC + are here in new AIRAC

Bohdan Bessonov

ACCUA03 ATC Manager

• 3 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Sorry about the real and possible bugs

Be sure that next controller selection is three dimensional so the calculated profile is at least as important as the route itself. What is changed between 3.1d and 3.2 is that in case of direct the profile is not a straight line anymore, but a highest possible profile. Because of that the expected altitude is higher than it was before. That may cause situations like this.

Please note Jonas' second question. Use the "Toggle route prediction points draw" function. That will show the estimated altitude as well as the selected sector. You will see why ES thinks you do not need a coordination. Try adding some altitude restriction for the STAR to force the profile a bit lower.

Even so it still may be a bug ...

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted
Try adding some altitude restriction for the STAR to force the profile a bit lower.
How can this be done?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Well, it seems that I wrongly remembered that you can define COPX points four yourself along the star. But that is not the way. It seems that the only thing you may do now is to define a coordination altitude as well before the point. That will change the profile calculation.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer