You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Tower view and simulator in ES 3.2

Martin Loxbo

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

As I'm updating our simulator files in Sweden I'm looking at using the tower simulator connected to FSX. I managed to get it to work on the local FSD server. Is it possible to make it work via Sweatbox as well?

Also I'm having some trouble getting the tower view to work online. Is the TowerViewConnectorPlugin.dll still used? I could not find it anywhere in my ES installation. Did I misplace it or is there a different procedure to connect the tower view?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Hi Martin

The ES simulator architecture has changed with V3.2 (http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Simulator_Architecture). The Wiki has been updated and explains you step by step how to connect ES and the flight simulator for tower view (http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Tower_simulator).

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

• 2 weeks later...
Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jonas but that doesn't really answer my questions.

Question 1: Is it possible to make tower view work over Sweatbox or just on the local simulator?

Question 2: How can I make tower view work online?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure if the Connector is thought for that. I would still use FSInn directly. But it might also work if you start a ES proxy (so the proxy inside ES), then you should be able to connect locally as if the server would be local.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Online tower view used to work with TowerViewConnectorPlugin.dll, but as I can't find it in my installation anymore I'm thinking it was just a feature of the pre 3.2 beta versions.

Gergely, can you confirm?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

TowerViewConnectorPlugin.dll is not really complete. It is lacking a good model matching code. So you can not find it in the installation. When you are connected to the SweatBox you still should be able to use FSInn and connect to the local ES.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gergely. I don't really want to install FSInn as it has a lot of problems. Would it be possible to get the TowerViewConnector dll back, maybe with place-holder planes ("paper planes" like in SB) for models that it cannot find a match for?

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia