You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Secondary PTT

David Potter 894075

David Potter 894075
Posted
Posted

Ross,

Just a quicky, firstly thanks for this super piece of software. It is far superior to anything we've had before and a pleasure to use.

My question, I personally enjoy having more than one PTT. For example, I'll use my yoke/joystick button when hand flying & a keyboard PTT in the cruise. Would this be easy to implement in a future release? Not sure how many others would find this beneficial but personally for me, it'd be great to have.

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Dave

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Using FSUIPC (or perhaps software that came with your yoke/joystick), it should be possible to map a yoke/joystick button to a keypress such that vPilot only needs a single PTT input.

David Potter 894075
Posted
Posted

Bradley,

Having a PTT on my joystick/yoke isn't a problem (vPilot picks this up fine). My request is that we have the ability to add more than one PTT input.

Thanks

Dave

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Brad is suggesting using FSUIPC to map the joystick button to a keyboard key. Then configure vPilot to recognize that keyboard key as PTT.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

David Potter 894075
Posted
Posted

Yea I worked that out after I reread his message. The issue with [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning a key press through FSUIPC is that it doesn't recognise the ctrl key as a singular press, it expects it to be followed by another key selection. Ideally I'd have right ctrl as my keyboard PTT and my yoke/joystick button.

It's not too important but thought it worth to ask the question.

Thanks for replying Ross, appreciate your input.

Dave

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Back when I used Squawkbox, I used the Delete key or the Pause key as PTT, and mapped a joystick button to that key with FSUIPC. Maybe you could use one of those keys?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC