You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Another set of photos from the convention in Chi-Town

Mark Brummett

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Brummett

• Marc Sykes 852946

• Jeffery Williams 849847

• Richard Jenkins

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Brummett

Mark Brummett 10 posts

• Marc Sykes 852946

Marc Sykes 852946 6 posts

• Jeffery Williams 849847

Jeffery Williams 849847 5 posts

• Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins 4 posts

Popular Days

• Mar 28 2006

22 posts

• Mar 27 2006

17 posts

• Mar 29 2006

14 posts

• Mar 30 2006

11 posts

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Cool shots Mark!!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Mark Polston 810032
Posted
Posted

Great shots Mark. Enjoyed meeting you and everyone else in Chicago

Mark Polston

vZTL ARTCC | VATSIM Supervisor

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted
Who says the bigwigs don't get their hands dirty? Todd Cox working KC Center

You're right; where would we ever get that idea?

ID: 814690 - Todd Cox

(click here for connections detail)

Date from (dd/mm/yyyy): 01/01/2006

Date to (dd/mm/yyyy): 27/03/2006

Total online as Pilot during selected period 0:00:00

Total online as Atc during selected period 0:00:00

Total online as ATC in the entire 5-year history of the network 96:30:37

(all of these stats include OBS time by the way)

Yeah, I might have to retract my earlier post about how the "bigwigs" don't have any connection to or interest in the actual day-to-day goings-on of the network.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted
Who says the bigwigs don't get their hands dirty? Todd Cox working KC Center

You're right; where would we ever get that idea?

ID: 814690 - Todd Cox

(click here for connections detail)

Date from (dd/mm/yyyy): 01/01/2006

Date to (dd/mm/yyyy): 27/03/2006

Total online as Pilot during selected period 0:00:00

Total online as Atc during selected period 0:00:00

(all of these stats include OBS time by the way)

Yeah, I might have to retract my earlier post about how the "bigwigs" don't have any connection to or interest in the actual day-to-day goings-on of the network.

Sure went to an awful lot of trouble to prove your point.

Six words for ya, Marc...get over it and move on.

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

How many went to the Convention? All the pics I've seen, make it look like a 15 at most. If that's the case, I'd be a bit annoyed (to put it mildly) If I'd booked a flight, hotel etc..

Marc, Like he said move on. You got knocked down, and with the attitude your still showing, it's no wonder why.

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

I just looked at mine; hours from the past 3 days of flying aren't showing, I think the server mess up might have affected that. I'll wait on a bigwig though

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted
How many went to the Convention? All the pics I've seen, make it look like a 15 at most. If that's the case, I'd be a bit annoyed (to put it mildly) If I'd booked a flight, hotel etc..

Roughly 40...keep in mind in Mark's photos, several were on the ZAU facility tour, and 3 others were with Dave Klain in his Mooney.

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Mark Zameda 810257
Posted
Posted

We also had several people go hang out with family and friends in the area. Just because they came for the morning convention cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es, didn't mean that they HAD to stay for the flyin!

Sheesh, some people really need to relax...always ready to take a shot at something they don't know, they don't understand, and that they don't care to know.

Mark Zameda

VATUSA6

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted
I just looked at mine; hours from the past 3 days of flying aren't showing, I think the server mess up might have affected that. I'll wait on a bigwig though

I'm pretty sure you're correct. I was on about 6-ish hours on Saturday, and they haven't shown up.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted
Sure went to an awful lot of trouble to prove your point.

Took five minutes to look up the relevant numbers and post, actually. I guess in the VATSIM world that's an "awful lot of trouble" insofar as it's five minutes more than many of our "bigwigs" have available to join us online. I just couldn't resist the irony, given that the individual mentioned was one of those in cahoots to remove me as an instructor on the grounds of inactivity. I guess if anyone would possess expertise in that area, it'd be him.

Seriously, does it not concern anyone at all that the person who ostensibly runs the entire North American region has logged nary a second online, even as an observer, in calendar year 2006?

Six words for ya, Marc...get over it and move on.

I did, actually. The only thing that Todd Cox and I have in common is that neither of us controls on the network anymore. Instead, I get to move planes around for real, sit in a lounge chair and plane-spot on my breaks, finish by 1:30 every afternoon, go drink beer and shoot pool for a couple hours, then I get home at 3 and have the rest of the day to, among other things, laugh at the latest idiocy that's going on in the VATSIM world. All in all, I think I recovered pretty nicely, but thanks for the concern.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Heck, I can beat that....

Total ATC time since the inception of VATSIM....drumroll please.....

2 hours

Guess doofus pilot makes good....

RJ

RJ

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Heck, I can beat that....

Total ATC time since the inception of VATSIM....drumroll please.....

2 hours

Guess doofus pilot makes good....

RJ

That's it RJ, you're FIRED! Clearly the measure of your online time is all that matters.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Zameda 810257
Posted
Posted

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!!!

whoo boy...I needed that laugh...thanks Ross, and thank you RJ for your help giving advice about planning the convention...I couldn't have done it without you!

Mark Zameda

VATUSA6

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted
We also had several people go hang out with family and friends in the area. Just because they came for the morning convention cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es, didn't mean that they HAD to stay for the flyin!

Sheesh, some people really need to relax...always ready to take a shot at something they don't know, they don't understand, and that they don't care to know.

6 words for ya Mark, Get over it and move on.

No need to take a shot at me for asking a question. Still looks like 15 to me, based on your pictures. No one's bothered to give an OFFICIAL Report, that I've seen.

With you acting like that, I'm glad I didn't go to the big VATUSA POW WOW!

Sheesh

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

oh stop...this is getting ridiculous

RJ

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted

6 words for ya Mark, Get over it and move on.

No need to take a shot at me for asking a question. Still looks like 15 to me, based on your pictures. No one's bothered to give an OFFICIAL Report, that I've seen.

With you acting like that, I'm glad I didn't go to the big VATUSA POW WOW!

Sheesh

Paul, I'm not so sure that Mark Z was referring to your post as 'the shot'...

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator

Mark Zameda 810257
Posted
Posted

My apologies Paul, I definitely wasn't referring to your post as a shot, or anything like that.

I'm sorry you thought that...I just saw the humor in Ross's post.

Mark Zameda

VATUSA6

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Ok Mark, fair enough, I guess I read too far into it. My Apologies as well.

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Seriously, does it not concern anyone at all that the person who ostensibly runs the entire North American region has logged nary a second online, even as an observer, in calendar year 2006?

Bothers me Marc, but it is obvious that it won't do any good my friend. You know how I feel on the subject, just a bunch of cronyism going on.

No wonder they want to make it easier. Our appointed leaders have little time online, might as well water down the training standards.

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Jeffery Williams 849847
Posted
Posted
You know how I feel on the subject, just a bunch of cronyism going on. .

Are you going to win some sort of prize if you manage to use this word in every one of your posts for an entire month? Just wondering.

Chris Karras 821611
Posted
Posted
Bothers me Marc, but it is obvious that it won't do any good my friend. You know how I feel on the subject, just a bunch of cronyism going on.

No wonder they want to make it easier. Our appointed leaders have little time online, might as well water down the training standards.

Cronyism? Wait a second, weren't you two thick as thieves in Los Angeles? I guess you must have a different definition of cronyism and switch whenever the situation is convenient to you.

I did, actually. The only thing that Todd Cox and I have in common is that neither of us controls on the network anymore. Instead, I get to move planes around for real, sit in a lounge chair and plane-spot on my breaks, finish by 1:30 every afternoon, go drink beer and shoot pool for a couple hours, then I get home at 3 and have the rest of the day to, among other things, laugh at the latest idiocy that's going on in the VATSIM world. All in all, I think I recovered pretty nicely, but thanks for the concern.

Doesn't sound to me (or apparently to anyone else) like you've gotten over anything. Belittling others for trying to do something nice is just pathetic. Not everybody has the luxury to spend hours upon hours online each week. People have lives, jobs and families which by definition should be more important than a hobby. If you have issues with losing your rating and feel you were somehow wronged, then why don't you follow a mature course of action and take it up with the proper VATSIM people by lodging a formal complaint instead of continuously making petty and vindictive digs against people on these forums in an attempt to win over everyone else's sympathy?

I don't know how old you guys are but you sure act like a bunch of petulant children who just had their toy taken away from them. Though you probably aren't, you should be ashamed of yourselves for behaving this way in public.

Craig Merriman 834118
Posted
Posted

For me.. I'll take Todd's 26 years of ATC experience over his online hours.

Craig Merriman

VATSIM North America Region RCRP Member

Flagman - NEMA - NorthEastern Midget [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociation

The Winged Warriors!

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

Are you going to win some sort of prize if you manage to use this word in every one of your posts for an entire month? Just wondering.

Do you get some prize for always adding stupid comments?

I personally don't see what Josh is doing wrong. He see's something corrupt and has the *bravery*(substituted for another word) to call people out on it. I personally would think josh is doing the right thing. But on the other hand we have you, who sits and post stupid little jokes about everything. Maybe if you spent as much time caring about ZTL as you did making stupid comments I would have stayed.

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Josh..Are you calling me a crony? I just need to understand where you're at on this.

RJ

RJ