You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature request: multiple-column-sorting of lists

Martijn Rammeloo

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

At the moment it is possible to sort lists by one criterion only. Would it be possible in a future version to sort using more than one? For example, I usually sort my departure list based on the STS (Taxi, Push, blank). This helps me in keeping situational awareness. However, I would also like to sort on the ‘checkbox’ column, in order to distinguish aircraft with a IFR clearance from planes without a clearance. Then, I would like to sort them based on callsign, in order to make it easier to find them in the list.

I hope this makes any sense

Kind regards,

Martijn Rammeloo

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Just press on the Header name of your "checkbox column" and it will separate traffics with or without clearance.

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Thanks Matthew, but wouldn't that be single-criterion sorting after all?

I'll try to make myself more clear: suppose there are 20 planes on my dep list. Five are taxiing, three are pushing back. Obviously, these eight planes have received their IFR clearances earlier. Of the remaining 12 planes, five have received their IFR clearances, and the other 7 have not.

Now I want to use 'ground status' as my primary sorting criterion. This means that the 'taxi-planes' will appear on top, followed by the 'push-planes'. The (12) planes with no ground status will end up at the bottom of the list, but in a random order. Therefore, I would like to use 'IFR clearance received (the checkbox)' as a secondary criterion. 'Taxi' and 'push' will still be on top, followed by 'no GND status with IFR clearance', and lastly 'no GND status and no IFR clearance'. 'Callsign' could be used as a third criterion, in order to sort each of the groups I just named by alphabet.

I hope this makes my reques a bit more clear

Martijn

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Oh, I misunderstood.

This feature is not available in Euroscope, you could contact Gergely, the developer of Euroscope, or wait for replies.

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted
You could contact Gergely, the developer of Euroscope

Which is exactly what he has done by posting in this subforum

Agreed Martijn, it would be very useful.

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I would also really appreciate this kind of "advanced" sorting. And additionally I would request to make the argument for sorting the ground status an internal ID and not the text itself. Because currently the order is set to DEPA, PUSH, TAXI. But it would make definitely more sense to have an order DEPA, TAXI, PUSH. Including the requests of more ground states (viewtopic.php?f=71&t=68855), the order would conclude in DEPA, LINEUP, TAXI, PUSH, STARTUP.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

• 3 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Jonas,

The DSQ (Departure sequence) is the feature for sorting planes in the most probably departure order. It not just uses the state but also an internal time stamp when the state was [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned. So the newly [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned one goes to the end of the list among the same state planes.

Nevertheless the multiple column ordering can be useful in other places as well: http://www.euroscope.hu/mantis/view.php?id=574

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Martijn Rammeloo
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gergely!