You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Darn Mozilla's New Version 38.0.5

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Mozilla Firefox new version 38.05 stinks!!! It cannot even show screenshots on any aviation forum!!!!!

All screenshots in any aviaiton forum including Vatsim forums are invisible!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Just tried it here with OSX. Works fine. Perhaps something on your end?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Nah

The thing I notice is that when I want to view screenshots, I notice that the web browser shows www.google-analytic.com on bottom of the screen while I am trying to press F5 to get screenshots appear!!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
38.0.5 works fine with me, Win 7 64 Bit.

You can see any screenshots?

CQwL8Nm.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
The thing I notice is that when I want to view screenshots, I notice that the web browser shows http://www.google-analytic.com on bottom of the screen while I am trying to press F5 to get screenshots appear!!

My guess is that the web page is doing a synchronous call to get the Google Analytics Javascript, there's a network problem between you a Google's CDN and image rendering is blocked until the javascript is loaded and the DOM is complete.

It's your network, not your browser.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Luke,

What should I do?

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

I'd wait a few hours to see if it goes away.

Cheers!

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Okay, thanks pal!!! I will follow your advice, Luke.

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Andreas,

Thanks for your kind words. I think it is Photobucket website being down because everything works fine except any screenshots that come from Photobucket especially mine!!

Got to wait for Photobucket website to fix their programming problems stemmed from use of new version 38.0.5 of Mozilla Firefox!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Got to wait for Photobucket website to fix their programming problems stemmed from use of new version 38.0.5 of Mozilla Firefox!

Two things - one, if a new version of a browser doesn't work with a particular web site, that's generally not the web site's problem.

Second, your threads and their [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated photos work just fine for me in Firefox 38.0.5. Why do you think Photobucket has the problem?

Cheers!

Luke

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if anything, you can disable google analytics if thats slowing your browsing down. its not a simple toggle on/off method, but if you search on google how to disable it, youll find plenty of articles.

Svilen Vassilev
Posted
Posted

Firefox v39 JUST released

C1/P2 | vaccbih.info

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Wow, Ernesto, you must have some pull!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

I am now officially a guru

eag.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
Firefox v39 JUST released

OY OY I just updated to 38.0.5!!!

Relase of v39 tells me that Mozilla wanted to cover up v38's mistakes.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
if anything, you can disable google analytics if thats slowing your browsing down. its not a simple toggle on/off method, but if you search on google how to disable it, youll find plenty of articles.

I did not even know it would be possible to disable google analytics!! Thanks for tip!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Ernesto,

Disabling google analytics looks way way more tougher than trying to land 747 in extremely nasty crosswind I would rather handle the latter than the former.

So I am blocking cookies for that which certainly helps me and enable me to regain view of screenshots in all aviation forums.

Blocking cookies for google analytics has enabled me to regain access to view of photobucket website.

All is good now so far and hopefully no more problems in the coming days!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Release of v39 tells me that Mozilla wanted to cover up v38's mistakes.

38.0.5 has been in the release channel since June 2nd.

Cheers!

Luke

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
Release of v39 tells me that Mozilla wanted to cover up v38's mistakes.

38.0.5 has been in the release channel since June 2nd.

Cheers!

Luke

yep only about 3 weeks after people downloaded !

That is shortest life span for single version!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Here's the fix list:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/39.0/releasenotes/

Cheers!

Luke

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Thanks Luke for interesting list of fixes and thanks to all for kind help.

My 38.0.5 version is now normal as I deactivated and blocked google analytic gimmick which was blocking my view of any screenshot by anybody or my own ones.

Now it is normal like old version.

Guess I have to update to 39.0 and REMEMBER how I managed to deactivated and blocked google analytic gimmick. LOL

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
My 38.0.5 version is now normal as I deactivated and blocked google analytic gimmick

I'm sure something is being lost in translation, but Google Analytics certainly isn't a gimmick. It's a very helpful tool for web properties to gain insights about their audiences and their behaviors.

Have you determined whether you are seeing this problem on other sites? Google Analytics is pretty heavily used.

Cheers!

Luke

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Luke,

All I know is that google analytic was blocking me from viewing screenshots. Now it is fixed after I deactivated google analytic.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png