You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problem showing FIR exit points, airway waypoints.

Dante Nikolovski 1262085

Dante Nikolovski 1262085
Posted
Posted

Here, airway UL608 within LWSS is between DISOR and LONTA. The tag is set up to show the FIR exit point. I see only DISOR, which is not the FIR exit point (in this case is LONTA).

Also, UL608, I see only DISOR point, no sign of LONTA.

In the SCT file, it is defined "UL608 DISOR DISOR LONTA LONTA" . Please help, Thanks

TnsjG.jpg

Dante Nikolovski

Training Director at MACvACC

VATEUD Divisional Instructor

[email protected]

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

It looks like DISOR is correct in the situation displayed in the image, as the aircraft is not yet in your sector so the COPN (entry coordination point) would be displayed instead of the COPX (exit coordination point). At least this would be logical but I suppose the tag could be set up differently.

That the route prediction is lacking LONTA could be because the Airways.txt file is not loaded, or that UL608 via LONTA is not in the Airways.txt file. The airways in the SCT are used for display only and are not used for the route calculations.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Dante Nikolovski 1262085
Posted
Posted
It looks like DISOR is correct in the situation displayed in the image, as the aircraft is not yet in your sector so the COPN (entry coordination point) would be displayed instead of the COPX (exit coordination point). At least this would be logical but I suppose the tag could be set up differently.

That the route prediction is lacking LONTA could be because the Airways.txt file is not loaded, or that UL608 via LONTA is not in the Airways.txt file. The airways in the SCT are used for display only and are not used for the route calculations.

I checked the Airways.txt file, and there is LONTA defined. And in the TAG there is FIR exit point, but not showing it. I changed it to "exit sector point name" and shows it right, but I am not sure if it will show it to every aircraft. How should I change it?

Thanks.

Dante Nikolovski

[email protected]

Dante Nikolovski 1262085
Posted
Posted

Same thing for UN132, in AIRWAYS.txt is defined MAVAR BITLA, but it shows MAVAR TALAS. What might be the problem? where is the bug?

Dante Nikolovski

[email protected]

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

What cycle is the airways.txt file?

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

What does ES calculate as route? Can you show once an opened flight plan for such an aircraft to see how ES is determining the route?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Still sounds to me like your Airways.txt file might not be used for the calculation. Make sure the file is loaded correctly.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Dante Nikolovski 1262085
Posted
Posted

I loaded it 20 times, the txt file in FSnavigator, Airways.txt . And it is the latest cycle. I don't know ....maybe it is the sector file, but what kind of role does it play in all that? And, for the TAG, I don't know it is the sector file. I am sure it is some kind of bug in Euroscope. If it says FIR exit point name, it should show it to me all the time. If the FIR is only one sector, then same goes for Sector exit point name. I've tried it with other sector files and it is same thing.

Dante Nikolovski

[email protected]

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

I've found loading airways.txt via euroscope to be problematic, instead I just replace it in docomeents/euroscope

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

When updating the airways.txt, you can choose it within Euroscope. After you have selected the airways.txt, restart Euroscope, and it should load it correctly.

For the tag, as your airways.txt isn't updated correctly, it will not show the EXIT point, as there is not EXIT point, that Euroscope can show from the flightplan, because Euroscope can't find the airway after DISOR - so that part makes sense.

So try to load the airways.txt and restart Euroscope. It should help - at least is does to me.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png