You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SERVER in vPilot

Jaap Mooijer 1324348

Jaap Mooijer 1324348
Posted
Posted

Hello, i'm installing vPlot and are not sure wich Server i have to choose in The Netherlands, i see Europe-CC, Europe-CE, Europe-N, Europe-W or Local Proxy? I think i'ts necessary to choose the right one!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It doesn't matter which one you choose, they're all inter-connected. So if someone connects to Europe-CC, they'll still see pilots and controllers connected to other servers like Europe-W, or anything in the US, etc.

Most people just choose one that is geographically close to them, to minimize the latency in the connection, but it doesn't matter all that much. You could use a server in the US and you probably wouldn't notice the difference. (Unless you have a very slow internet connection.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jaap Mooijer 1324348
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much, i understand wat you mean. I will choose Euro-W.

Now i've made a failure with another question under Available Rule Set. i maked a new Topic with the same Topic name

I Have three PMDG Boeing airplanes (737-800NGX, 777-200LR/F and 747-800) witch a like to use, i dont no how i must choose them, i see diferend boxes, FSX Default Aircraft, My Traffic 6, VIP Model Set and more.

Can you help me with this issue please

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Using high-quality models like the PMDG for model matching is not recommended because of the unnecessary demands it will place on resources required to draw them.

If you still intend to use them, you can do so by creating your own model matching rule set (explained in the vPilot docomeentation).

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Note that Brad is talking about using the PMDG models to represent OTHER aircraft. Is that what you are talking about, or are you saying you want to fly the PMDG models yourself?

Jaap Mooijer 1324348
Posted
Posted

Brrrr, i have seen on YouTube

a Boeing 737-800 with PMDG FMC control, the instructor is using VATSIM / VACC and is talking with ATC. Is this possible with vPilot and PMDG airplanes as well?

Sorry, for me it is some difficult to understand what the problem is...

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yes, you can fly whatever aircraft you want. Model matching is just about how you see OTHER pilots.

Jaap Mooijer 1324348
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much, i'm hapy now....

- For now i have placed FSX Default Aircraft, and i think that i have read to install all the other 7 Worlds of Al * as well.

- What will happens if another PMDG airplane is p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing in the air

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
What will happens if another PMDG airplane is p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing in the air

vPilot will follow the model matching rule sets you've installed - same as it would for any other aircraft. The model of aircraft a pilot is using isn't transmitted over the network, so vPilot will have no idea whether the pilot is using PMDG vs. iFly vs. default aircraft.

Jaap Mooijer 1324348
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much to be patient with me

Regards, Jaap Mooijer