You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Oshkosh 2015

Chad Vienna 1195499

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if VATSIM or probably more specifically ZAU is planning to host a Airventure AKA "Oshkosh" Fly-In this year?

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

"The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." — Baron Manfred Von Richthofen

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

sometimes they do. last years was kinda short notice. but their forum does list VatVenture 2015, but no info yet

http://www.zauartcc.org/forum/index.php?board=53.0

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

I take it back, its on the VATUSA Calendar. its on the 25th, this week

http://www.vatusa.net/forums/?action=calendar

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

... with no hyperlink to an event page/posting, no forum posts (VATUSA or VATSIM forums), no pilot procedures, no controller procedures, no controller sign-ups (unless I missed 'em), and no controller roster.

Sounds like fun!

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted
... with no hyperlink to an event page/posting, no forum posts (VATUSA or VATSIM forums), no pilot procedures, no controller procedures, no controller sign-ups (unless I missed 'em), and no controller roster.

Sounds like fun!

LOL!

Thanks for the 411 guys.

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

"The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." — Baron Manfred Von Richthofen

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Apparently it was unfortunately cancelled (the VATUSA calendar listing apparently got missed).

Chad, if you want to keep the spirit alive, just hop on the ZLA TeamSpeak server and I'll pretend that you did a "niiiice job rockin' those wings."

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted
Apparently it was unfortunately cancelled (the VATUSA calendar listing apparently got missed).

Chad, if you want to keep the spirit alive, just hop on the ZLA TeamSpeak server and I'll pretend that you did a "niiiice job rockin' those wings."

LOL Brad! 'sounds like a great opportunity for you to brush up on your light gun skills.

I'll put up a post on the Come Fly With Me board and see what feedback I get. It would be nice to at least have a VATSIM twr controller working the event.

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

ZAU Cancelled the event and it has been removed from the VATUSA Calendar

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

It used to be a lot of fun when there was scenery available (without having to join someone's TS server) and it was organized, planned ahead, and well executed.

Those days appear to be gone though.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted

I actually found a pretty good freeware scenery package for FSX. It was uploaded to simaviation on June 6 of this year.

"KOSH-Oshkosh Wittman Regional Airport Package" by Mike Pare

From the author: "KOSH Wittman Regional Airport photoreal scenery to let you join your friends online and fly into Oshkosh EAA Air Venture. This is a purpose built scenery for online enjoyment. AI traffic will not work at this airport. This is an approximation of what KOSH looks like every July during Air Venture, with custom ground markings, Runway Dots, plenty of GA and vintage aircraft parked around the field. Get online with some friends and enjoy!!"

After reading the RW arrival procedures I could see how it could become a real goat rope for VATSIM ATC to handle.

I'll fly in from KFXE Saturday morning for fun.

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

The biggest issue with running a successful OSH event (other than the VFR-phobia exhibited by most pilots on the network) is that ATC at OSH is provided almost entirely by sight, which short of setting up a flightsim-generated tower view that can be rather convoluted in some cases, making the use of a 'radar' client to provide services a severe kneecapping of the actual immersion.

Maybe down the line we'll get a solid vSTARS derived FSX/P3D-compatible tower view option, but until then, it involves the use of Euroscope .

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
Maybe down the line we'll get a solid vSTARS derived FSX/P3D-compatible tower view option, but until then, it involves the use of Euroscope .

... or the 3D view in VRC, which can be fun - especially if you haven't experienced an altered perception of reality recently.

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted
... or the 3D view in VRC, which can be fun - especially if you haven't experienced an altered perception of reality recently.

You can only separate through the TRON view for so long .

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png